Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: New to ADNSF - Using Paypal

leonard is offline Junior Member

Default New to ADNSF - Using Paypal

I am looking to purchase ML for my first e-commerce site. I have read through some of the documentation but want input from people who are already using the application on a few things.

If I have Paypal Website Payments Pro then I do not need either a merchant or gateway account? Does Paypal Pro work through an API with ADNSF so the user never leaves my website when it comes to the checkout process. What level of setup/integration do I need to do, or is it simply update app config variables?

Then I would simply just need a SSL Cert and Paypal Pro? Anyone else have this same setup? Is it better doing it a different way?

Thanks.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by leonard View Post
    If I have Paypal Website Payments Pro then I do not need either a merchant or gateway account?
    Correct, WPP acts as a gateway and a merchant account. Funds from Credit Card and PayPal payments are deposited immediately into your PayPal account, which then can be transferred to your checking account.

Does Paypal Pro work through an API with ADNSF so the user never leaves my website when it comes to the checkout process.
    Yes, for credit card payments. No, for PayPal payments. PayPal payments are always completed at PayPal's site, so they can enter their password and choose their funding source (PayPal account, PayPal Credit, or eCheck). After completing those payment details, the custmer is returned to your site to confirm the order.

What level of setup/integration do I need to do, or is it simply update app config variables?
    Simply update AppConfig variables.

Then I would simply just need a SSL Cert and Paypal Pro?
    Correct.
    Jon Wolthuis

leonard is offline Junior Member

Default Re:

thanks jwolthuis for all your insight. i'm now going in the right direction.

chammock is offline Senior Member

Default PayPal Pro Config Parameters

I use PayPal Website Payments Pro as well and have it running successfully on another small site using another cart. For that site and cart I have to put in my PP Pro API username, password, signature, button URL and text. When I look at the config parameters, I really only see one that references PayPal Pro and that is the Signature.

I see a lot of plain PayPal parameters and PayPal Express.

So do I need anything other than the PP Pro signature or are some of the other parameters for PP Pro and don't necessarily have it labeled as PP Pro?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cliff
    Last edited by chammock; 06-19-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Jesse is offline Banned

PayPal Pro uses the PayPal AppConfigs. The "plain" PayPal AppConfigs will be the ones that you need to populate. PayPal Express ones can be left alone.

Thanks that makes it a lot more clear. The only question I have now is do I have to complete the PayPalPro.Signature entry. I did the PayPal.API.Signature and the other ones associated with that. I just was not sure what the PayPalPro.Signature entry is all about. It seems like it should be something I should enter but I am not sure what to put in there.

Cliff

The current AppConfig for the PayPal Signature is PayPal.API.Signature. The other one was used in a previous version, and can be deleted.
    Jon Wolthuis

OK, I will delete that one.

I am also in the process of setting up Google Checkout, so you might see some posts on that after I do some searching first.

Cliff

I got GCO working but you seem to be sending two different messages with Google and PayPal. On PayPal you recommend not showing the PP option on the cart page. But there is not an option to show it on the on the Payment Page. And I just went through an entire transaction to the final page and I never saw anything about PayPal.

But GCO shows up on my cart page. So why do you recommend NOT putting PP on the cart page and if I don't put it somewhere it doesn't show up anywhere...at least not for me yet.

There are two ShowOnCartPage for PayPalExpress. Can you explain these?
    PayPal.Express.ShowOnCartPage
    ShowPayPalExpressCheckoutOnCartPage

But with Google there is only option to turn it on.

Thanks for any clarification.

Cliff

I got GCO working but you seem to be sending two different messages with Google and PayPal. On PayPal you recommend not showing the PP option on the cart page. But there is not an option to show it on the on the Payment Page. And I just went through an entire transaction to the final page and I never saw anything about PayPal.
    I recommend you provide your customers a way to checkout anonymously, with GC and PayPal Express Checkout from the Shopping Cart page, or via normal checkout flow. Many customers like that "vail of anonymity", even though they're providing you everything account-holders to, except for a password.

With regards to the checkoutpayment.aspx page, a PayPal radio button will appear if the PaymentMethods AppConfig includes "PayPalExpress", which invokes PayPal Express Checkout, or "PayPal", which invokes PayPal Payments Standard (not recommended).

There are two ShowOnCartPage for PayPalExpress. Can you explain these?
    PayPal.Express.ShowOnCartPage
    ShowPayPalExpressCheckoutOnCartPage
    The ShowPayPalExpressCheckoutOnCartPage AppConfig is leftover from v6.x, and hasn't been used in the last several versions. It can be safely deleted.
    Jon Wolthuis

OK, things are coming together now. Just a few more items.
    It looks like GCO can only show up on the Cart page and not anywhere else.
    On the PaymentMethods parameter, I added PayPal Express to the existing Credit Card.
    But no matter what I do I cannot get PayPal Express to show up anywhere for an anonymous or registered user.
    I am resetting cache faithfully between each test of parameter changes.

You recommended allowing Anonymous checkout, but that requires AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses AppConfig parmeter to true.
    And there is a big warning on that field...

If true, the site will not prevent duplicate e-mail addresses on customer records, i.e. an e-mail address could be in multiple customer records. the default is false, and the HIGHLY RECOMMENDED value is false, since e-mail address is one of the key login fields. Change this value at your own risk and full understanding of implications

So that is a little confusing.

I have found a DNN module that I think will work to register new customers with just an email and password and then direct them to the cart. That might work better then allowing anonymous.

I set both GCO and PP to anon and I still get the login screen when I go to checkout. If I want to allow anon for them, shouldn't I just put them on the cart page? Would this bypass registration and take them straight to the shipping preference page?

I also noticed that when I did register and complete the transaction to the point of being ready to place my order, when I logged out and came back it was storing my credit card number (only displaying last 4 digits). Is this just temporary or a setting I need to make. My Trust-Guard provider does not allow me to store any cc info more than 60 days and I am not sure if I want to store it at all.

Any thoughts on the storing of cc info?

Thanks again for your prompt replies as I feel like I am making huge progress today. Hopefully by next week I will be ready to hook up T-Hub for ML/DNN with my Quickbooks.

Cliff
    Last edited by chammock; 06-20-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: tested site

Rex is offline Banned

Order information contains an encrypted snapshot of CC information (for refunds, voids, etc.)
    You can run the Monthly Maintenance service from the Admin to scrub this information from Order records.

CC information stored in a customer's account is controlled via AppConfig StoreCCInDB.
    This setting does not affect orders as described above.
    Last edited by Rex; 06-20-2008 at 06:01 PM.

I am back from other tasks and still trying to get PayPal Express to show up on my cart to allow people to just check out there immediately without going through the other processes to get to the payment page.

GCO is working great, but no matter what I try I cannot get PPE to show up on the Cart page or on the Payments page.

In the Admin area is says us PayPal Express as two words in addition to Credit Card. So I originally had Credit Card, PayPal Express in my payment methods. But in your post you wrote "PayPalExpress" as one word. I tried that also but it did not work.

In an earlier post you suggested that ShowPayPalExpressCheckoutOnCartPage was left over from an older version and should be deleted. So is that the one that would have allowed PPE to show up on the cart?

I have been resetting cache and starting new browser sessions during my testing, but I am not having any success.

Any other guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff

You can set PayPal.Express.ShowOnCartPage to true to show the PayPal Express Checkout Shortcut button on the Shopping Cart page. Also, add PayPalExpress to your PaymentMethods AppConfig.
    Jon Wolthuis

I have had PayPal.Express.ShowOnCartPage to true during all this testing. Could there be some other PP setting that is not correct causing it not to show the PP button? I only updated very few of the PP parameters. Most were already set by default. I have also tried using PaymentMethods with PayPalExpress as one continuous string and as PayPal Express (two words). Neither one worked. What is preferred. Credit Card was in there by default and is two words.

Also, now, for the first time, my Add to Cart button does nothing unless I am logged in as a previous customer. It was working fine when I went to bed and now this morning when I try to add a product to cart, it goes to the cart and says it it empty. Any ideas on that?

Cliff

Jesse is offline Banned

If you've followed the manual, and done as Jon has suggested, the only things left that could be causing it will need to be viewed by support. Go ahead and submit a ticket on this so they can look at your setup, environment, and AppConfigs and find the problem you're having.

Thanks Jon and Jesse. I have submitted a detailed ticket with the info required to access my install.

Cliff

roberth is offline Junior Member

Default Where are refund amounts stored

In the Store Front admin, you can select an order and you have the option to refund or add hoc credit the order. Where is the refund or credit amount stored.