Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: FedEx API Retirement

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Default FedEx API Retirement

Effective June 1, 2012, the FedEx Direct API and FedEx Ship Manager Direct services will be shut down. Please take a look at the versions of AspDotNetStorefront ML and MSx that are impacted below and the recommended steps to minimize interruption to your business.

If you use Fedex with one of the following versions of ML and MSx, your store will be affected:
    • ML 8.0.1.2 or earlier. (Not ML 8.0.1.3 and on.)
    • MSx 9.0.1.3 or earlier.( Not MSx 9.1.0.0 and on.)

If this change by Fedex impacts you, you must take one of the following actions in order to avoid disruption to your online business:
    1) Have a developer modify your cart to use the newer Fedex API. You can find qualified development partners here.
    2) Upgrade to a newer version of AspDotNetStorefront. Need help with your upgrade? Take a look at our new Upgrade Service.

valentim is offline Senior Member

Thanks Scott! This means that FedEx real time rates will NOT work (or maybe even error) on older ASPDNSF versions correct? We've inherited some old sites recently and as of 6/2/2012 FedEx real time rates are displaying fine. I wonder if FedEx have provided a grace period or if these sites have in fact been patched in the past.

Has anyone experienced rates not working or errors as yet?
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting
    Strategy+Development+Design=The Aydus Difference

inlandsea-kitesite is offline Junior Member

I am as of yesterday having problems with my shipping.
    I have ML 8.0.
    The probelm in shipping is what brought me here.
    I am trying to solve the problem by swiching the shipping over to UPS with no luck.
    Any advice would be very helpful!!!
    I am an end user and not a developer.

HELP!!!!

Also the Upgrade links posted lead only to dead links.

valentim is offline Senior Member

As of 6/6/2012 FedEx must have officially turned off the service. We're seeing no FedEx realtime shipping methods. If no other carrier is configured then customers will see an "invalid shipping" type message and will not be able to checkout.

Options:
    1. Upgrade (ideal solution)
    2. Patch (we're in the process of creating one)
    3. Switch to another carrier (e.g. UPS, USPS etc.)
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting
    Strategy+Development+Design=The Aydus Difference

I switched it over to UPS and now it works.
    I am happy.

Thank you,

hotwu is offline Junior Member

We have a client running 8.0.1.1. What is the easiest way to resolve this? Is there a patch for this version we can apply? If not, what is the best upgrade path to resolving this issue? Thanks in advance for the reply.

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Upgrade would be the recommended route for older carts as there are a few APIs that already need updating (USPS, FedEx) in the older cart releases. Contact Jan at jsimacek@compunix.us for an upgrade quote.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)