Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help with Coupons in Version ML 8

Groove is offline Junior Member

Default Help with Coupons in Version ML 8

I have set up a coupon which is supposed to apply a 10% discount to items ordered under a certain category (Category #7) and any items that fall into sub categories under the main category.

However, I had a customer come in and enter the Coupon Code upon check out and the discount was applied to the order even though the items which were bought did not fall under the main category.

In other words, only items which fall under category X (#7) and any given sub category underneath it where supposed to get the discount. Customer bought things under category Y (#6), entered the code...and discount still applied.

Here are the parameters for that coupon.
    Exp Date = 8/26/2011
    Discount Percent = 10
    Discount includes Free Shipping = No
    Expires on First Use by Any Customer = No
    Expires After One Use by Each Customer = Yes
    Valid for Customers, Products = Null
    Valid for Category(s) = 7
    Valid for Section(s) = Null
    Valid for Manufacturers = Null

Any ideas??

URL = www.JustDrumsOnline.com

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

What about the Coupon Type ?

Order - this coupon ONLY applies to the order subtotal

or

Product - this coupon ONLY applies to the specified product(s)

TTFN

BFG

Groove is offline Junior Member

Sorry for the delayed response. I thought I would be notified via email when someone replied to this thread. It seems to ONLY worked when the type is set to "applies to order subtotal" and doesn't work if I define it to specific products.

Is there a way to define it ONLY to products in a certain category and any subcategories underneath? So for example, it I sold groceries, I'd like to set up a coupon than ran for a limited time to discount (if used) canned goods. Which meant:

Canned Goods >> Vegetables
    Canned Goods >> Tuna
    Canned Goods >> etc.

If Canned Goods record ID is (10), I would think I could set the "Valid for Category = 10" parameter and all the sub categories underneath would apply?

Yes? No?

Do I need to define and specify all the subcategories as well?

Valid for Category = 10, 12, 14, 16....etc?

jeprojectmanager is offline Junior Member

Default I am having same issue

I want one category id to receive discount for the coupon. If I select applies to 'only products', then the coupon does not work, and hoses up my cart page altogether. I really need help with this. Trade show on Monday.

rcvjmv is offline Junior Member

Default Having the same issue

I have tried saying products that I don't want the coupon to handle. I have tried using the exclude sale items radio button and then putting the item I don't want the coupon to be used on sale. The coupon is always figured. It is a 10% disount but I cannot stop it from being applied to severl items that I don't want it to. Is this a bug? I am using version ML 8.0.1.4