Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Retrieve a Lost PayPal Order

dellend is offline Junior Member

Default Retrieve a Lost PayPal Order

Hi,

We've been running our cart for the last couple of years with PayPalExpress and had no problems. However, we just noticed today (April 5) that an order placed on April 1 through PayPal never made it back to Storefront. I spoke with the customer and he informed me that he went to PayPal, authorized the payment, and upon being returned to our site was asked again for a payment method. He tried going through PayPal again (he was a very patient customer), and whilst in PayPal saw that the funds had already been withdrawn. Not wanting to be charged twice, he exited out of his browser.

We've received the payment, but his order never became a full order, and as such, we can't process it in our ERP. Is there a method by which I (as a site administrator) can retrieve this lost order and make it into a true and complete order?

Thanks to the forums I know now how to prevent this from happening again (PayPal.UseInstantNotifications = True), but I'd really like to fix this guy's order now. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Dave-

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Is anything showing in the Failed Transactions log?

esedirect is offline Senior Member

Presumably your customer successfully registered, which means that what he ordered should be identifiable in the ShoppingCart table under their CustomerID. You could then use the 'AdminImpersonationPassword' appconfig and login as your customer and checkout using 'Order Now & Pay Later'.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Interesting - I don't have 'AdminImpersonationPassword' is there any documentation?

TTFN

BFG

I used your lovely search engine and there doesn't appear to be. Don't you just love un-dcoumented features!

Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

So did I :-) ...

Can you give me the basics - is it like a master password that will work for every account?

TTFN

BFG

line 131 from signin.aspx v8.0.1.2

Code:
    if (PasswordField.Length > 0 && PasswordField == AppLogic.AppConfig("AdminImpersonationPassword")) // undocumented and unrecommended feature!!
    Allows you to use the customer email address with a password from AppConfig to sign in!

Auto-suggest searchbox;

dellend is offline Junior Member

Thanks everyone for responding. It's much appreciated.

deanfp - Nothing's showing in the failed transaction log, but when I look at the SQL backend, I see his order in the ShoppingCart table.

esedirect & BFG 9000 - I too can't seem to find any AppConfig called "AdminImpersonationPassword". I do have the ability to create a phone order entry, but I don't seem to have any ability to checkout using "Order Now & Pay Later".

Based on the latest entry though, it seems I should create the AdminImpersonationPassword AppConfig and use that. But I would still need to be able to defer payment somehow. I'm using the 7.1 cart incidentally, so that feature may not be available, right?

Thanks!

-Dave-

Don't know whether it works in 7. You'll have to look at the signin.aspx.cs source for it. The AppConfig.AdminImpersonationPassword doesn't exist 'out-of-the-box' as far as I know.

"Order Now & Pay Later" is the equivalent of "Purchase Order" as an entry in AppConfig.PaymentMethods - again, not sure for v7.

Auto-suggest searchbox;