Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Free Shipping doesn't show up on checkout page

ngiotta is offline Junior Member

Arrow Free Shipping doesn't show up on checkout page

Hi,

I have spent hours going through the documentation and appconfig to get the desired result, but nothing seems to work. I would like to have free ground shipping, which I do, but it shows ground shipping with a price next to it on the checkoutshipping.aspx page. If you select ground it takes you to checkoutpayment.aspx where it shows ground as being free. Is there a way to show ground as costing $0.00 on the checkoutshipping.aspx page?

By the way, I am using RTS with user-selectable rates so that they can upgrade shipping desired. Thanks in advance!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What version are you on? thanks

Not sure. The product sku was NS-2005-9001-ML.

You can get the version information by logging into the admin, you can see it at the left side corner on the splash screen. Please get back to us with that information so we can assist you better. thanks

The splash screen errors out for me in the admin section because of a Telerik charts error. The version in the cart is older than the version that I use on the site. I've lived with it because no one knew how to fix it. Any other place I can find the version? Nevermind, I found it in the about section....

AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

Anything? I really have to get this fixed. This is the last thing I have to do to finish my client's store.

Thanks!

Thumbs down

Ok, I guess since there's no support available for this software, I'll just go ahead and use jQuery to search for the HTML element and manipulate it per my needs. If I knew I was going to have to go to this much trouble to setup a "turn-key" cart, I would have just programmed one myself-- would have saved myself a lot of time.

Thanks.

If you require immediate support, you should submit it to our support department, as long as it's not something caused by customizations we will definitely handle it there.

As for the 'Free Shipping' issue, I'd like you to check the following tables:

Code:
    select * from dbo.ShippingMethodToCountryMap
    select * from dbo.ShippingMethodToStateMap
    select * from dbo.ShippingMethodToZoneMap
    If that would return any row, make a full backup of your DB first and run:

Code:
    delete from dbo.ShippingMethodToCountryMap
    delete from dbo.ShippingMethodToStateMap
    delete from dbo.ShippingMethodToZoneMap
    If you were using fixed rate before RTS, that would clear all shipping method mapping in Country/State/Zone. I believe the issue lies around there somewhere.

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Exclamation

Here we go again. The ground shipping (free) option is missing. Again. I wasted 4 hours tonight trying to get my clients' store back up and running again. They're very unhappy (can't say I'm thrilled either).

On the "about page" it shows:

Shipping Calculation: Use Real Time Rates
    Origin State: CA
    Origin Zip: 94010
    Origin Country: US
    Free Shipping Threshold: 0.01
    Free Shipping Methods: 28
    Free Shipping Rate Selection: On

It shows free shipping when you click on "estimate shipping" on the view cart page, but then doesn't show up on the check out page, forcing customers to pay. It should be noted that they are using real-time shipping, with free ground shipping. The shipping methods look like this:

28 FedEx Ground

The following Real Time Shipping Methods......

ID Method
    22 FedEx 2nd Day
    23 FedEx Standard Overnight
    25 FedEx Home Delivery
    26 FedEx Express Saver
    27 FedEx Priority

I've already tried the queries to delete the shipping associations to the country, zones, etc.

Still doesn't show up... Any takers on this? For reference, the site is located here: http://www.grafinks.com/

Thanks.

HewattDesign is offline Junior Member

Default Free Shipping Threshold will not work with mix of Real Time and non Real Time methods

The configuration for Free Shipping Threshold will not work with Real Time shipping if the store has other non Real Time Shipping methods configured. The symtopm here is that whatever Real Time Shipping method you have configured to be free over a given order amount, it will still return a rate over 0 instead of FREE.

In order to resolve this, you must delete all of the non Real Time Shipping methods in the admin console.

In the store admin console, go to Configuration > Shipping > Shipping Methods.
    This page is divided into two section:

1) The top section shows the non Real Time Shipping methods. If there are any methods in this section they must all be deleted.

2) The rates in the bottom section are the Real Time Shipping rates. Do not deleted any of them.

Hope this helps,
    - Andrew