Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shipping special offer rate

dauckland is offline Junior Member

Default Shipping special offer rate

Good morning

I'd like to set up my v8 store to be able to offer special shipping rates to select groups of customers, like via the use of a coupon. It doesn't appear as a coupon option, however. For a limited time, I'd like to offer a flat $5.00 shipping rate to customers responding to an email offer while other customers are denied that special flat rate.

Possible?

Dennis
    Dennis A

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's not possible out of the box. But, you could do it the another way around. Why not just create a coupon (e.g. $ off on order total) and assigned it only to customers who were qualified. So, if you have flat shipping rate of $10, give those customers $5 coupon discount on orders as an offsite.

dauckland is offline Junior Member

Default Good Idea

Thanks Alfred for your idea. Unfortunately, our standard shipping rate calculation is based on a percentage of order value$, not flat rate. I'm looking for a way to use an alternate shipping rate calculation method, in this case a flat rate, for just select customers while keeping the standard rate method active for all other customers.

Thanks, Dennis
    Dennis A