Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Change the NavHeader Class in V9

peter3827 is offline Senior Member

Default Change the NavHeader Class in V9

I'm trying to upgrade a site that has a different navHeader for categories and manufacturers. In version 9 the option isn't there. How do i go about changing the class from navHeader to navHeader2

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You can specify Header, ImageHeader, and CssClass attributes on the aspdnsf:EntityControl control that creates those menus:

Code:
    <aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityManufacturer" runat="server" ImageHeader="whateverformanufacturer" CssClass="manufacturerclass" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.ManufacturerPromptPlural %>"
                        EntityType="Manufacturer" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />
    Code:
    <aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityCategory" runat="server" ImageHeader="whateverformanufacturer" CssClass="manufacturerclass" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural %>"
                        EntityType="Category" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />

I don't want Browse wording there. I have images for each section. It used to be I just change the class from navheader to navheader2 then clear out what the cart generates.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Just remove the Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural %>" and set the common.browse String Resource to an empty string.

Take a look, you will see what i'm talking about

http://64.78.221.219/default.aspx

MMay is offline Junior Member

i might suggest simply setting navHeader to display:none; then add your headers how you like them above the nav call.

That's a good work around but that just leaves more div tags, in the code. I want to be able to do it the correct. Or, that could be the right way. Who knows anymore.

Rob is offline Senior Member

Scott's prior answer should resolve this.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

I still need to know how to completely remove this line, <div class="navHeader">Browse Categories</div> from the Left Nav. Why didn't you keep it the way the Help and Info part is called?

srijans is offline Junior Member

I am working on a similar task. I need to replace the header text with a header image. I used the "ImageHeader" attribute. But it does not seem to work.

Can someone help me with this?