Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product Feed Generation Timeout Error

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

Question Product Feed Generation Timeout Error

Whenever I execute a product feed, I receive a timeout error. I have edited the timeout values in web.config and machine.config and still have the issue. The feed generates a file in the images folder, but times out during the FTP process as Google only receives a partial feed file. I am using MLv8 w/o source code.

I am also receiving timeout errors when making calls to the WSI to retrieve roughly 800+ products at a time. I have posted an independent thread on the WSI timeout in the WSI forum a few days ago and not received a response.

I have been working with my host on this for days and have not come up with any solution. My current suspicion is that the feed and WSI applications may have some kind of timeout restriction.

I would greatly appreciate help on this.

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

After attempting to resolve this in many ways and working with my host for about a week, the change that seems to have solved that issue was increasing the global ASP.net timeout value. Now my feeds don't have timeout issues. I do still have timeouts in the WSI though.