Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Impersonation Check

hjavaher is offline Member

Default Impersonation Check

Hi,
    How can I check to see if the customer is being impersonated by an admin, and if so, which one (Admin ID number)

Thank you,
    Hiva Javaher

hjavaher is offline Member

The Reason I am asking this question is that I need to differentiate between Phone Orders and regular online order that customers are placing themselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Hiva

Jao is offline Senior Member

Anyone who has an Admin right can impersonate a customer. As of now, the store doesn't have the notification if the customer is being impersonated. Although, the store uses a form authentication, to verify if another session of that customer is being generated on another computer...

parrothead is offline Member

Default Here's what I did in the PhoneOrder.aspx.vb

Private Sub SetToImpersonationPageContext(ByVal CustomerID As Integer, ByVal PageName As String, ByVal UseEmptyTemplate As Boolean)
    Dim IGD As String = String.Empty
    Dim rs As IDataReader = DB.GetRS("Select CustomerGUID from Customer " & DB.GetNoLock() & " where deleted=0 and IsAdmin=0 and CustomerID=" & CustomerID.ToString())
    If rs.Read() Then
    IGD = DB.RSFieldGUID(rs, "CustomerGUID").ToString()
    End If
    rs.Close()
    'LDR - MOD Use session variable to hold Inside Salesperson's Name for use in checkoutreview.aspx
    Session.Add("Impersonator", ThisCustomer.FirstName.ToUpper.Trim)
    Dim Url As String = PageName & CommonLogic.IIF(PageName.IndexOf("?") = -1, "?", "&") & "IGD=" & IGD.ToString()
    SetFramePage("ImpersonationFrame", Url)
    End Sub
    Parrothead
    "I'd rather die while I'm livin' than live while I'm dead."