Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Visible Shipping Methods and In-Store Pickup Issue

Blush.no is offline Junior Member

Default Visible Shipping Methods and In-Store Pickup Issue

Hello.

I've three shipping options for my customers:
    - In-Store Pickup (free and available for all customers and pack sizes).
    - Letter (only for small packs and available for all customers).
    - Packs (available for all pack sizes, but the shipping cost is depending on zone).

FilterOutShippingMethodsThatHave0Cost value is set to true, and the rates for Letter is set to 0 for heavy packs.

1. I calculate shipping by weight, and have activated In-Store Pickup. Is it possible to combine these? The In-Store Pickup option doesn't show up in the shipping options page.

2. Is it possible to always show shipping prices including tax?

3. I've added five shipping zones and five shipping methods named Pack1, Pack2, ..., Pack5. For each shipping method I've allowed all countries, all states and one shipping zone, but in the shipping options page where the customer shall choose shipping method all the methods (Pack1, Pack2, ..., Pack5) is selectable. Why?

Regards,
    Anders

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

1 - The in-store pickup option is meant to be used with realtime shipping, it won't appear if you're using fixed shipping rates, as you can just create your own with the allowed country/state/zip areas

2 - That would take some customization, we don't compute and add in taxes until the last page of checkout.

3 - Zone restrictions are ignored if you're not using a shipping method that includes them (Total & Zone, Weight & Zone, etc).