Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Show variant name only

antonsa is offline Junior Member

Default Show variant name only

Hello,
    we have a lot of products with variants, all variants have their own name, which is absolutely different from the product name, they belongs.
    In the orders and shopping cart i have final name like 'Product Name - Variant Name', but we need to show only 'Variant Name', because its enough to define the product for our managers. How can i do it?

Jao is offline Senior Member

It would only take removing these lines on the ShoppingCart.cs
    Code:
    public String m_ProductName;
    newItem.m_ProductName = DB.RSFieldByLocale(rs, "ProductName", m_ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting);
    However, considering that the CartItem is passed as a whole object containing this element. It would certainly affect not all that uses the CartItem object and those methods/functions which fetched the Product Name from that object. Therefore, I wouldn't personally recommend such. Unless, you extract the information by directly creating your SQL to retrieve the variant information and totally discarding the CartItem object. But again, this is not recommend...