Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Forgot Password Email

allenjarosz is offline Junior Member

Default Forgot Password Email

Hoping the comunity can help.

Under my previous version 7.x the customers were able to reset their own password by using the "FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD" link. For some reason my site which has been upgraded to version 8.0.1.2 will no longer send the email to the customer.
    My question is what file is being used in the "Forgot" routine? Perhaps the new version dident get coppied correctly. Also what apconfig is used in the routine to set the senders email address.
    Last edited by George the Great; 10-30-2009 at 08:04 AM.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Did you go through the steps in the manual and the knowledgebase for setting up email? Do other emails send properly? These would be the first things to check.

Did you use the email test feature in the admin section to send test emails and make sure that emails are even sending properly? My guess is that you'll get some kind of message when testing (most of the time they are related to an inability to connect to the mail server or the server is unable to relay the email usually due to no password configured, or an incorrect password)...can you paste that message here (make sure you strip any passwords or accounts out before pasting the error)?
    Last edited by George the Great; 10-30-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>