Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do I use Advanced Search (searchadv.asp) in MultiStore?

donato is offline Senior Member

Default How do I use Advanced Search (searchadv.asp) in MultiStore?

I cannot figure this out for the life of me, and the form example from the manual does NOT work.

Cheers,

~D

danrawk is offline Member

hi -
    i think you can just change the reference in your template in the search section to the searchadv.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by danrawk View Post
    hi -
    i think you can just change the reference in your template in the search section to the searchadv.aspx
    I am using MultiStore. Where is that? I do not see any reference to search anywhere in the master pages. Unless you're talking about some other template?

Someone from Vortx should be able to answer this, right?

Skriver is offline Senior Member

If you have the source code then this should work but back up the file first as its a source code change.

In ASPDNSFControls/Search.cs class, Search() method, and change the landing page to this.LandingPage = "searchadv.aspx".

That is of course if you want to replace the basic search with advanced. Otherwise to just use it is just /searchadv.aspx after the sites url.

esedirect is offline Senior Member

For the out-of-the-box app_templates\skin_1\template.master file you can modify the call to the search control from this:

Code:
                <aspdnsf:Search ID="ctrlSearch" runat="server" CssClass="search" SearchButtonCaption="Go"
                    SearchCaption="<%$ Tokens: StringResource, common.cs.82 %>" SearchTextMinLength="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MinSearchStringLength %>"
                    SearchTextMinLengthInvalidErrorMessage="<%$ Tokens: StringResource, search.aspx.2 %>"
                    ValidateInputLength="true" ShowValidationMessageBox="true" ShowValidationSummary="false" />
    to this:

Code:
                <aspdnsf:Search ID="ctrlSearch" runat="server" CssClass="search" SearchButtonCaption="Go"
                    SearchCaption="<%$ Tokens: StringResource, common.cs.82 %>" SearchTextMinLength="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MinSearchStringLength %>"
                    SearchTextMinLengthInvalidErrorMessage="<%$ Tokens: StringResource, search.aspx.2 %>"
                    ValidateInputLength="true" ShowValidationMessageBox="true" ShowValidationSummary="false" LandingPage="searchadv.aspx" />
    Note the
    Code:
     LandingPage="searchadv.aspx"
    at the end.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

Quote Originally Posted by esedirect View Post
    For the out-of-the-box app_templates\skin_1\template.master file you can modify the call to the search control from this:

Code:
                    ValidateInputLength="true" ShowValidationMessageBox="true" ShowValidationSummary="false" />
    to this:

Code:
                    ValidateInputLength="true" ShowValidationMessageBox="true" ShowValidationSummary="false" LandingPage="searchadv.aspx" />
    Note the
    Code:
     LandingPage="searchadv.aspx"
    at the end.
    This worked like a champ! Thanks!

I don't understand something... The search advanced is working now, however, even though I have ShowPics in the XML package set to 1, when search from the top search bar, images do NOT show. But when I search from the searchadv.aspx page, images DO show. Why is that?