Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shipping Details First

tmoney101 is offline Senior Member

Default Shipping Details First

Hey,

In my store when checking out, I want the shipping details to be displayed first, as with our business the shipping info is the main info and the billing comes second.

So I was able to display the shipping so it came first, however doing that I loose the functionality of the checkbox that auto fills the feilds in if they are the same.

I noticed the ID for this function is 'ShippingEqualsBilling' and just wondering how I can change it so the shipping details are copied to the billing details.

Any help is appreciated.

ASPDNSF Staff - Buddy is offline Banned

Just change the header labels and then change the code so that the billingaddress object's ID is set as the customers default shippingID and the shippingaddress object's ID is set as the customer's default billingID.

Of course you'd have to also switch the validation error messages.

Default Thanks Buddy

Buddy thanks for that, I just figured out how to do it myself.

Was wondering if you could help with my next problem. On the checkout page (checkout1.aspx) I want to edit the look of the cart summary, and I can see this line which is calling the whole cart summary:

<asp:Literal ID="CartSummary" runat="server"></asp:Literal>

Basically where is the code located or how can I edit the look of the results? I want to remove the black border and do some other stuff for example.

Thanks.

It's in the Shopppingcart class the method name is DisplaySummary.

Default source?

Do I need the source code to edit this class? I currently dont have the source and I cant find the DisplaySummary method.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoney101 View Post
    Do I need the source code to edit this class? I currently dont have the source and I cant find the DisplaySummary method.

Thanks.
    Yes, it's part of the AspDotNetStorerfrontCommon project.

geez you guyz make it hard not to buy the source huh! hahah

Thanks heaps for your quick replies Buddy.

Well, if you need to change business logic then that's just the way it is.

Rob is offline Senior Member

It's just that business requirements are infinite, so to match those on implementation often requires custom mods, which we allow, and enable, by providign source at 10 times less than competitors. We realize that no 2 ecommerce sites are really identical.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

ericpowell03 is offline Junior Member

How is the display and border of the cart summary business logic? This is one of those frustrating things seems arbitrarily encapsulated in a compiled function. The table that is generated isn't really even compatible with IE7.