Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Protx PCI Audit

jaybee1001 is offline Junior Member

Default Protx PCI Audit

Hi - can anyone who uses Protx on a site please explain to me the PCI Audit process, costs, how long it takes etc. The site I am building is for a small business so comes under level 4, but I am not sure what this means.

I don't want to store card details in my database, but just pass them on to Protx for processing, so is an audit still required?

Thanks

mikemurphy is offline Senior Member

You dont need an audit, thats why you are paying protx to process your payments....you dont need to store card details !
    8.0.1.4 W2008R2 64-bit MSSQL2005

Rob is offline Senior Member

Mike is mostly right You need to perform a self audit, as described by the VISA Level 4 PCI instructions, which also probably includes scanning your system/host/servers for PCI compliance also.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

jaybee1001 is offline Junior Member

Mmm, I use PowerDNN to host, so do I need to get them scanned? It all sounds a bit odd when using a managed host environment. I can understand the need if I hosted it on my own infrastructure, but not when I use a hosting company. As PowerDNN and aspdnsf are partners, can you advise if this PCI issue applies?

Thanks

Rob is offline Senior Member

Yes, PowerDNN can "help" by providing a solid environment that they "expect" will pass PCI scans (and obviously, any good host will do that now), but the actual certification still falls on the merchant (you), and we partner with ControlScan (see our MarketPlace) if you need to have them do the scanning (or choose any other PCI scanning product).
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart