Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Analytic Goals

rekkid is offline Junior Member

Question Google Analytic Goals

Does anyone have Google Analytics Goals working correctly?

When I just put orderconfirmation.aspx with no funnel pages, Google tracks it correctly and shows that I've got completed goals.

When I put in funnel pages of:

checkoutshipping
    checkoutpayment
    checkoutreveiw

Google tracks the orders just fine until the final goal page. It has no sessions being converted into the goal. What it does say is that most of the orders are going to orderconfirmation.aspx?ordernumber=XXXXX&paymentme thod=CREDIT+CARD

Since the goal URL will be dynamic each time? what should be the correct Goal URL?

ordernumber=&paymentmethod=CREDIT+CARD ??? (we only accept CC so that should always be constant)

Rob is offline Senior Member

We just use orderconfirmation.aspx, and that seems to work for ROI tracking, but we don't use any funnels at this time.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

rasicoc is offline Junior Member

To make it work correctly you will need to use the Match Regular Expression Match type and set it so that it will match with any parameters following the filename in the URL.

Charles

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

Head Match seems to work best for us and our clients. No need to build a regular expression, just putting in the filename mentioned above works.
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers