Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Add to Cart not working on IE9

medsupply is offline Senior Member

Default Add to Cart not working on IE9

I need help. The Add To Cart button is not doing anything when viewing with IE9. We tested with Firefox and Chrome and it adds to the cart but not IE9. Haven't tested with other versions of IE. We are using Multistore 9.3.1.0/9.3.1.0

Here is the link: http://198.61.225.13

Can somebody tell me where problem is?

Thanks!

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

I took a quick look at this product.

In Chrome - I get the following javascript error :-

ajaxifyAddToCartForm is not defined

& in IE I get the following javascript error :-

'Quantity_8934_8934.value' is null or not an object

It's worth noting that the addtocart in Chrome forces a page refresh rather than the intended ajax behaviour.

TTFN

BFG

I appreciate your help. I removed the Ajaxify line but it's still not working on IE.

What do you use to figure out the error codes? I have fiddler running while trying to add to the cart but nothing new shows on Fiddler.

Thanks again!

webopius is offline Senior Member

Just had a very quick look. There are a couple of areas you could look into...

Check you match up all opening <div>'s to a closing </div>. Looking at the page structure, some <div>'s might be missing a closing </div>.

Also, you have a number of <form> elements nested on the same page (e.g. search block and newsletter) which is a definite item to avoid.

As a very basic check, comment out these additional <form> items and see if the add to cart starts working. If it does, double check the <div> balancing, then move these <form> tags outside of the main page <form>, or use JQuery to submit them using Ajax.

Adam

The problem were the customer search and newsletter signup forms. As soon as I removed the form tags the Add To Cart functionality was back.

I still need to add the forms though. How can I do this? I only know front end code.

Thanks!

GoVedia is offline Member

Those forms need to be replaced with the new controls introduced in v9. Sounds like you are upgrading from a pre 9 version.
    Robert Kanaan
    AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner
    robert@GoVedia.com
    408-758-8845

GoVedia
    http://GoVedia.com
    Approved AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner
    AspDotNetStorefront Recommended Reseller

webopius is offline Senior Member

...or

Restructure the page so that the <form> tags aren't nested within each other, then it will work.

...or a more complex approach

Remove the <form> for the newsletter and search and replace them with JQuery .click() events that sends the data to another .aspx page for processing using Ajax.