Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: swfobject embed

1036productions is offline Junior Member

Default swfobject embed

Has anyone had success embedding a flash movie in a topic page using the swfobject? Everytime I paste the following code into the editor and update the topic, adns strips the code out. I was able to do embed using the object tag, but the swfobject is so much better with detection and serving alternate content.

<script type="text/javascript">
    // <![CDATA[
    var so = new SWFObject("flash/portfolioModule.swf", "Design", "672", "396", "8.0.22", "#000000", true);
    so.write("flashContent");
    // ]]>
    </script>

Any help would be much appreciated.

silverline is offline Junior Member

I had to turn off the wysiwyg editor to get it to work. Look for TurnOffHtmlEditorInAdminSite in the appconfigs. You can turn it off and then go add your code to the topic. After that you can turn it back on if you want as long as you don't edit that topic while it's on, everything will be fine.

1036productions is offline Junior Member

I was just coming back to write that I had discovered that very thing. Found the appconfig param and shut off the wysiwyg, and now it's working. Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

You can also configure the RAD html editor to allow script tags: http://support.aspdotnetstorefront.c...barticleid=214
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

dulanyjd is offline Junior Member

I have set <property name="AllowScripts">true</property> in the RAD Editor config file but my javascripts are still getting stripped from the topics, even after several months have passed since the setting was changed. I'm experiencing this on both installations that I have of ASPDNSF for two different clients.

Is there a way to prevent the RAD editor from making any changes to the code that gets pasted into the HTML view?

What is happening is that I initially set up a couple of flash videos in some topics for both clients. I pasted the HTML code directly into the HTML view of the editor, saved it and everything worked fine. The client later went in to update the topic and both found that the editor stripped the javascript, which caused us to lose the Flash content. I went in and tried it myself, with the same results so I know that it wasn't something they did. It works if I paste it directly from Dreamweaver into the HTML view and save it, but I can't have the client do that each time.

Thanks,
    Joe