Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: More than one ComponentArt Menu?

erich93063 is offline Member

Default More than one ComponentArt Menu?

We are using the ComponentArt menu control. It is working of of MenuData.xml to build the menu. My question is can we have another instance of the menu control on the same page working off a DIFFERENT xml file? We have one menu that we want to show a category structure for one department but then on the same page we want another menu to show a different category structure for a different department. But it looks like the menu control ONLY works off of MenuData.xml. Is there a way to specify the xml file it builds from so one control can work off of MenuData.xml but another control can work off of say MenuData2.xml. ???

Rob is offline Senior Member

Yes, this is all set in Page_Load in template.cs (in app_code). Template.cs is the code-behind for the templates/skins.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

ahsrescue is offline Member

Default MS 9.2 codebase.cs

I see the page_load section.

How can I specify, if producttemplate.master then menudata2.xml ?

This is the only place I see the xml file specified in the page_load section.
    // get menu config file:
    String MN = string.Empty;
    if (AppLogic.ProductIsMLExpress() && AppLogic.IsAdminSite)
    {
    MN = "expressMenuData.xml";
    }
    else
    {
    MN = "menuData.xml";
    }

if (AppLogic.IsAdminSite)
    {
    if (Page.ThisCustomer.Notes.Trim().Length != 0 && Page.ThisCustomer.Notes.IndexOf(".xml", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase) != -1)
    {
    MN = Page.ThisCustomer.Notes.Trim();
    }
    }