Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Multi Image Manager Question

dostind is offline Junior Member

Default Multi Image Manager Question

Hi
    When I am trying to enter in Multi Image Manager, getting error

Exception=Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AspDotNetStorefront\Web\images \Product\medium\tmp_7_1_.gif' is denied.

Why?Pl. help.

Thanks.
    Dost

dostind is offline Junior Member

please ignore my question.permission issue, I fixed it.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

For anyone else experiencing this issue...you need to make sure that the images directory and all of its sub-directories and files have write/modify access for the ASPNET and NETWORK SERVICE accounts.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

skpr is offline Member

Apologies for reviving an old topic, but I also am having this problem, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

The only permissions options I see in my FTP program (Filezilla) are file access attributes for "Owner", "Group", and "Public". (Current value 755.)

I've no idea how to provide access to the ASPNET and NETWORK SERVICE accounts.

Thanks for any help,

Beth

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

Here is a basic listing of steps to change folder permissions:

1. Right-click the folder and select Properties.
    2. Click on the Security tab.
    3. Click Advanced in the lower right.
    4. In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
    5. Click Edit.
    6. Click Other users or groups.
    7. Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
    8. Click Find Now.
    9. Scroll through the results and double-click on the Network Service or ASPNET user account.
    10. Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
    11. Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
    12. Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check that you have modify and write control under Allow.
    13. You’ll get a security warning, click Yes.