Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: International gateways

fsantos is offline Senior Member

Default International gateways

Hello there. We are trying to find a payment gateway that can work with companies in Europe and at the same time, work flawlessly with ADNSF out of the box. Can anyone make a recommendation?

fsantos

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Cardia, HSBC, Ogone, PayPal Website Payments Pro, Protx, and WorldPay come to mind. Will any of them work for you?
    Jon Wolthuis

The one I know better, Paypal Payments Pro is just North America and UK, I believe. Since I'm based in Portugal, the only Paypal option I have is Standard.

My question with Paypal Standard is this: will customers always have to jump from my site to Paypal site to make a payment and then returnt to my site? I would like to keep customers just on my site, no matter who would process the payment.

I tried to allow Paypal Standard to work with ADNSF but it asks for an API Account Username. Do I make this up and then input it into ADNSF or do I have to use a pre-configured one for ADNSF?

Rob is offline Senior Member

We were at the PayPal summit last week, you maybe want to contact them to make sure they are not in your area yet or get an idea when that might work. Jon's other suggestions still are valid, e.g. Paymentech, Cybersource, etc...should work globally.
    Last edited by Rob; 10-25-2007 at 10:21 PM.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Thanks for the info. It was about time Paypal to go really global. I will check with then, hopefully the people at the call center will have the same info you do But that is definetely important.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Here is some PayPal information for Portugal. You should be able to use Express Checkout to send and receive payments in Portugal, as well as withdraw from your PayPal account to your Portuguese bank account or to a US bank account.

Express Checkout requires that the customer leave your site to make the payment at paypal.com, then return to your site to confirm the transaction.
    Jon Wolthuis

Jon,

Thanks for your reply. I have already been able to properly configure ADNSF to use Paypal Express Checkout. Actually it was really really easy! The only "problem" is this going out to Paypal and returning to our site, and the fact that Paypal website does not support Portuguese. Even though most people in Portugal won't have a problem with that, I'm sure we will get complains.

I'll try to reach Cybersource. Apparently there is an UK office that is in charge of the other European countries.

Thanks again!

Eddie is offline Member

fsantos, i have a client in portugal and i am glad i found this thread!

would you be able to tell me which gateway you are using now (2 years later) and if you have a merchant account provider you'd recommend?

thanks!
    Eddie B