Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shopping.com, NexTag, Yahoo Shopping and Shopzilla

itdept is offline Member

Default Shopping.com, NexTag, Yahoo Shopping and Shopzilla

Has anyone done tracking on these? I need to set this up for my site. It says to put their tracking code in the confirmation page but I'm having trouble.

Thanks

itdept is offline Member

If I made a new topic for each and put the tracking code inside the topic then add the line
    <xsl:param name="IncludeShopzillaTrackingCode"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:AppConfig('IncludeShozillaTracking Code')" /></xsl:param>

to page.orderconfirmation.xml.config would that be the whole solution?

itdept is offline Member

I was looking into this solution but it won't work. If I just put the tracking code on the orderconfirmation.xml.config file no matter what the ad ( Shopping.com, Shopzilla, MSN, Yahoo ) originated from it will always add it to each one of these tracking codes.

Has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks

itdept is offline Member

bump .....

Rob is offline Senior Member

Checking with dev, they should be nearly done.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

itdept is offline Member

Are you saying this is going to be in an update?

itdept is offline Member

bump ... again

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

We are working on feeds, but not tracking. If you wanted to do tracking, the best place to handle this is the page.orderconfirmation.xml.config file. The main reason for this is that you already have the customerid/order number available. From there you can query the necessary details out of the order db without modifying the core, and whenever you upgrade it is typically just an exercise of copying your XML package over to the new site.

itdept is offline Member

But by placing the code in orderconfirmation wouldn't it add totals to shopping.com even if it was driven by yahoo ad? I have about 7 tracking codes to put in. How can it decipher between them all and not add totals to all of them each order?

Rob is offline Senior Member

SRT is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by itdept View Post
    But by placing the code in orderconfirmation wouldn't it add totals to shopping.com even if it was driven by yahoo ad? I have about 7 tracking codes to put in. How can it decipher between them all and not add totals to all of them each order?
    Has there been any update on how to add tracking codes for Nextag, Shopping.com, Shopzilla, etc. to the order confirmation page? I'm not looking for a how-to on feeds, just on how to set up tracking codes for various 3rd-party sites. We're using version 7.1.0.0.

alexstobbe is offline Junior Member

---- bump ----