Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Find Existing Customer

bobr2k is offline Junior Member

Default Find Existing Customer

I would turn this over to support but first I thought I'd see if anyone has seen this problem. I've set up three test customers ... Using the ADMIN site and Enter Phone Order I try to find existing customer. ONE customer is returned because the name is in the email address, another customer is NOT displayed although the last name matches the "FIND STRING" ... Should I expect to see two out of three of the customers?

Find Existing Customer:
    (by Last Name, E-Mail, CustomerID, or Order Number)

I noted one thing of interest, which may be the answer. The person not found is an ADMIN user, the one that was found is NOT an admin user.

Is this "working as designed"?
    Bob R.

ASPDNSF Staff - GeorgeM is offline Banned

What version are you running? Works fine for me on ML7021.

Default same version

STORE VERSION: AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.0.2.1

Do you have mixed mode? that is, ADMIN customers and Non-admin customers that you're "finding"?

I'll try adding another "non-admin" and see if it finds multiples that way, but I think what you're saying is it shouldn't matter whether a customer is ADMIN or not if the string matches, it should be found?
    Bob R.

I added a new customer (non-admin) with same last name ... both are pulled up by the FIND ... NO admin customers are pulled up by the find. Probably the way you would want it
    Bob R.

ASPDNSF Staff - GeorgeM is offline Banned

Yes, admin customers will not show, since if you are admin, you can place your own orders.

This is working as designed per PABP. Admins cannot change/"do stuff" (a technical term) on behalf of or alter other admins.
    Last edited by Rob; 10-25-2007 at 10:37 PM.