Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Invalid Request Page When Browsing Pages

Bastian33o2 is offline Member

Default Invalid Request Page When Browsing Pages

Hi,

I just updated ML 8.0.1.2 to MS 9.3. The old database was updated to new MS 9.3. When browsing pages I'm getting invalidrequest.aspx page.

http://174.136.81.211

Also, String Resources don't display proper values. Example, instead of Common Links (in control panel), I have admin.default.CommonLinks.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks! Peter
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1

heykate is offline Member

For the string resources you have to reload from your excel file and reset cache. As for the invalid request, did you overwrite your webconfig and copy the db information into it?

Kate

Kate,

I was able to load the String Resources. This is solved.

However, I'm still getting error message when browsing pages.

When viewing the System Log I'm getting a General Exception error.

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Page URL:/c-7-medieval-weapons.aspx
    Source:.Net SqlClient Data Provider
    Stack Trace:
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlExc eption exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaDat a()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteRead er(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderT ds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader( CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader( CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior, String method)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at AspDotNetStorefrontCore.DB.GetRS(String Sql, SqlConnection dbconn)
    at AspDotNetStorefront.CachelessStore.GetMapping(Stri ng entityType, Int32 id) in c:\HostingSpaces\WSP2775\wsp2775-1.appliedi.net\wwwroot\App_Code\CachelessStore.cs: line 412
    at AspDotNetStorefront.ShowEntityPage.Page_Load(Objec t sender, EventArgs e) in c:\HostingSpaces\WSP2775\wsp2775-1.appliedi.net\wwwroot\App_Code\ShowEntityPage.cs: line 121
    at AspDotNetStorefront.showcategory.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\HostingSpaces\WSP2775\wsp2775-1.appliedi.net\wwwroot\showcategory.aspx.cs:line 38
    at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

When it comes to web.config the only thing that was modified was the encryption code and the DB connection string. Is there anything else I need to do in web.config?

Thanks,

Peter
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1

I found that someone else had the same problem here:

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...e-ObjectView-.

However, even after running the SQL script I'm still getting the same error...
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1

Sorry... The script worked. It's working now!
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1