Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Exception=This XmlPackage is not allowed to be run from the engine.

mc9000 is offline Member

Default Exception=This XmlPackage is not allowed to be run from the engine.

Hi,
    I am trying to test an XML package using the engine.aspx page, but keep running into this error:
    Exception=This XmlPackage is not allowed to be run from the engine. Set the package element's allowengine attribute to true to enable this package to run.

Where is the "allowengine" attribute? Where do I place it in the XML config package?
    I don't have any references as every package I try to run with the engine.aspx page yields the same error, therefore I am completely lost here.

Thanks

mike-ecity is offline Junior Member

add it to the <package> element at the top.

like so:
    <package version="2.1" displayname="Name of Package" debug="false" allowengine="true" includeentityhelper="true">

(includeentityhelper is another useful option that puts a full entities listing into the intermediate XML)

mc9000 is offline Member

Works! Thanks!

Rob is offline Senior Member

Please be advised we designed it that way for a reason, so that just any old XmlPackage is not allowed to be run from that page.

Please double check to make sure your package inputs and SQL are properly validated!
    Last edited by Rob; 03-23-2008 at 05:53 AM.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

PowerProducts is offline Member

Hi,
    I am very confused, i get this error to show up in the top right corner of the screen on random pages. I found it first on one of my main category pages, but then when i did a search for the error on google i found a completely different product page with the same error showing up in the corner. I am using a stock xml package. I have over 3500 product pages and about 2k category pages, why would only 2 or 3 of my pages have this error?
    Currently running 9.3 Multistore on 5 sites.