Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Excluding Categories from Advanced Search

Haggis is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Excluding Categories from Advanced Search

I have a client that is building a Flash Tattoo online store, and they would like to exclude one of the categories from the overall search of the site, ie they would not be able to find products in a specific category unless they go to the category page. The products under that category would not show up in searches.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I'm using the advanced search template.
    Haggis aka Sean L
    Gray Web Technology + Design
    "It's better to be at the bottom of a ladder you want to climb than halfway up one you don’t" - The Office (UK)

Christian D. is offline Member

haven't look much into this, but if i was doing it, since i wanted a customized search result, i'd filter the results set or directly the sql query... not really the ideal thing to do, though. just a thought.

iberniztok is offline Junior Member

bump.. anybody figure this out?
    Paul
    Application Developer
    www.530medialab.com

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The search.aspx and searchadv.aspx uses aspdnsf_getproducts stored proc, modify that sproc to exclude those products/categories.