Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Security with a downloadable product

russomr is offline Junior Member

Default Security with a downloadable product

Once a customer purchases a downloadable product, is there anything that prevents the user from passing the email containing the link on to other people for download? (other than their honesty)

Thanks.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

No.

Similarly, if I email you my iTunes username and password, you can listen to my podcasts.

The only "sure" method to prevent unauthorized downloads is to physically remove the content (or remove the URL to the content) after xx hours.
    Jon Wolthuis

jamotion is offline Senior Member

has this changed since 2007?
    Is there any way to securely set up a link for registered users to download?

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

This is still the same. You could always customize the system to add in a secure system of your choosing.