Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: WSI Timeout/Filesize

chese79 is offline Junior Member

Default WSI Timeout/Filesize

Our wsi feed worked fine until one day, we got the error:

Exception: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

I split the file into two pieces and each half worked just fine, so it seems like a timeout/file is too big. We only have like 400 products.

I didn't see anything in the web.config file for this type of thing?

Can someone point me in the right direction on this? (server setting, web.config)?

vedran is offline Member

Have you tried looking for special characters that might trouble WSI?

Such as & and ' ??

I never have any problems with WSI uploading tens of MB excel files on the server. Only time I receive that error is almost always related to bad character in some product/s.

it is not the characters. Like I said. Splitting the file up into two pieces everything works fine. Plus the error is a 400 bad request which to me hints at timing out.

vedran is offline Member

In that case check the server setting and increase timeout setting.

Kirk48906 is offline Member

We have about 450,000 products in our store with about 1,000,000 variants.
    You have to break the WSI transmissions into smaller pieces or you'll get that error. WSI just cannot do the owrk in the timeout value specified. You can lengthen the timer, but I find it is just easier to make multiple passes. We generally find that about 5,000-7,000 lines of XML per pass are good except when sending mapping records, then we find that we need to lower it to about 3,000. We have a dedicated server that its only task is WSI transmissions, it sees no client web traffic.

Thanks for the info.

I tried changing the connection limit with no luck and the session limit is at 20 minutes, so that is not the issue.

I am editing the web.config or altering it at the IIS level? What is the exact timeout I am extending?

Thanks