Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about category shown in breadcrumb from search page

fooster is offline Member

Default Question about category shown in breadcrumb from search page

Hi,

If after browsing a category a site visitor searches for a product and then clicks on to a product page from the search listing the breadcrumb trail shows the product as belonging to the last visited category and not the category that the product belongs to.

This could be fixed by including the categoryid in the querystring in the link from the search results page., or adding some logic to bypass the cookie check if the refere was the search page. Will this be fixed in the next release?

Ben

Rob is offline Senior Member

This was fixed 2 releases ago already. go get the latest showproduct.aspx.cs page from support.

fooster is offline Member

I'm running 7.0.1.2 and its happening there. Was this fix included in that release?

Ben

Rob is offline Senior Member

not sure, have to check with support. and just get latest page to ensure. thx.

zaffer is offline Member

Where is this? I cant find it for the life of me and am in need!

Ta!

paul_bass2005 is offline Junior Member

Default breadcrumb for version 7.

Hi,

I would like to know how to fix this issue in version 7. Kinda Urgent

Paul.

COR is offline Junior Member

Default Breadcrumb Issue for Version ML 8.0.1.4

I am having the same issue that was said to be fixed. Products are mapped in multiple categories, when you go to one category and click on the product, it jumps to another category in the breadcrumb. The answer I received from support was just to load another version on a test server and try it again. I have had the issue with different sites on the same version and none of them are from upgrades. I need a solution to the issue, not just to build another test site.