Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting up VS2005 on Win2003

Khaalique is offline Junior Member

Default Setting up VS2005 on Win2003

I have setup a site successfully on my local box (nosla). However, I am having various problems under VS2005. I followed the instruction given (Configuring the SLN file to resolve compilation problems) to copy the code, create IIS context, modifying web.config and editing the sln file. VS2005 loads the project but with some errors/warnings.
    Reference to microsoft.Web.Services3 is not recognized and I did not find an assembly with this name when I tried to add a new reference.
    Also, web.config file has errors.
    The element <section name> has an attribute "requirePermission" which is not recognzed.
    The child element <xsltobjects> under <system.web> is not recognized.
    And browsing to the site also is not successful. I get database related errors. On start up the site tries to call a procedure that does not exist. Or it tries to insert string resource that is already there causing exception.
    Is the database shcema that comes with code is different that the one that comes with no code option? Or the startup code is different?
    Is there something missing on my box? Please help.
    Khalique

ASPDNSF Staff - Andrew Guest

Lets start with the MS web services error. You need to install it.

That's a free download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Secondly, always install the cart first before trying to configure and open the sln.
    Last edited by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott; 01-07-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Link changed

I checked the kb document you mentiond. However, there is no reference to Microsoft.Web.Services3 in web.config file.
    Instead, it is referenced in the code, like this one:
    public partial class TRANSACTION_PROCESSINGWse : Microsoft.Web.Services3.WebServicesClientProtocol
    As you see, this class derives from this ( in project AspDotNetStorefrontGateways ). There are some references as well.
    What do I need to install on my system to get it going?

Install the cart:
    How do I do it? I have not seen any reference in the manual or I may have missed it. However, I didn't need to do it when I installed the site on my local box or at the remote test server (nosla code). Or is it required for the VS setup only?

Thanks for the help.
    Khalique
    Last edited by Khaalique; 06-29-2007 at 07:31 AM.

Ok, I read the wsi.doc and found a few things that might help.
    I installed wse3 and got rid of related errors in VS. Now I will take other steps identified in wsi.doc.
    However, I still like someone to answer the question about 'Cart Installation'. How do I do it?

Thanks
    Khalique

bbusino is offline Junior Member

I'm getting this error when installing storefront 7.0.1.2. I'm pretty sure its a permissioning issue. Anyone?

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'requirePermission'.

Source Error:

Line 5: <!-- url rewriter and xslt extension objects loader. Change only if you know exactly what you are doing -->
    Line 6: <sectionGroup name="system.web">
    Line 7: <section name="urlrewrites" type="ASPDNSF.URLRewriter.Rewriter,ASPDNSF.URLRewr iter" requirePermission="false"/>
    Line 8: <section name="xsltobjects" type="XsltObjects.ExtensionConfigurationHandler, XsltObjects" requirePermission="false"/>
    Line 9: </sectionGroup>

Is this when you're trying to hit the /admin folder? If so the admin folder shouldn't be set to a application in IIS.

As I mentioned earlier, VS2005 complains about this attribute in web.config.

Khalique

Rob is offline Senior Member

Just remove the attribute then?

Apoc is offline Junior Member

Is the wbesite setup to use Asp.Net 2.0? Or Asp.Net 1.1?

Some the web.config attributes are unknown to Asp.Net 1.1
    Thomas

iCOMcept GmbH
    http://www.icomcept.de

Webbooster - Make your website faster
    http://www.webbooster.de

ASPDNSF requires Asp.net 2.0. That's what your Virtual directory/website should be set to.