Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Streamlined Phone Order Entry Available?

Paul Schroeder is offline Junior Member

Smile Streamlined Phone Order Entry Available?

My client, a mail order company, puts great importance on keeping the amount of time it takes one of their employees to take a customer's phone order to a minimum. Has anyone developed a streamlined phone order entry process?

The ASPDNSF out of the box phone order entry functionality technically works, but there are definitely innovations that could be made to make the process go a lot faster. If no one else has anything we'll probably have to develop it ourselves. But it would save us some time if we could just purchase/license someone else's work.

Garf is offline Senior Member

Can't help you but we too would be interested in this

Jose Rojas is offline Member

Default Client Services

I have develop a system for my client, it process phone orders, credit cards - USPS & UPS Rates.....interested PM to talk more....My client is a mail order company as well. the phone order takes less than a minute to be placed.

gshoneba is offline Junior Member

Does your system allow for overriding prices and doing returns?

fsantos is offline Senior Member

This would be an interesting add-on. Have you consider to license it to others?

Rob is offline Senior Member

Yes, our phone order entry module was "not" designed for high-volume call center operations. To do that, you would properly have to write a very streamlined/optimized phone order module.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

cjepp77 is offline Junior Member

Default Phone Ordering w/DNN version

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Rojas View Post
    I have develop a system for my client, it process phone orders, credit cards - USPS & UPS Rates.....interested PM to talk more....My client is a mail order company as well. the phone order takes less than a minute to be placed.
    Jose Rojas,
    Do you think you can get the phone order module to work with the DNN version? Our clients are interested. Please PM me with a quote.

Thank you

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

cjepp77:

You are replying to a post that is over 3 years old! Plus the DNN version is a gonner. Unless you plan to maintain your own source base, you should probably begin thinking about moving on.

I too started with the DNN version and was "forced" to change systems. Although this cost me lots of time, money and energy, my new site does everything I was doing before and is more search engine friendly than DNN.

Regards,
    Ben
    Ben Swayne - C#/ASP.net/jQuery/Ajax/SEO
    Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    Lynx Live Agent - real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDotNetStorefront
    My Personal Website