Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding a "Will Call" or "Store Pickup" option using RTShipping

Haggis is offline Junior Member

Default Adding a "Will Call" or "Store Pickup" option using RTShipping

I have a client that would like to add an option to have the customer pick up from their store, but the storefront is current set up for RTShipping using FedEx.

I added a new shipping method (Store Pickup) and restricted the choices to the state that the physical store is in. Not only does it not show up in the shipping choices on the store, but it breaks the RTShipping as well. The choices for FedEx are there, but when you choose one and hit continue, it spits out a "No Shipping Method Found. Contact Store Administrator" error on the page. Removing the new shipping method fixes it.

Is there any way to add a Will Call or Store Pickup option to the store while using RTShipping?
    Haggis aka Sean L
    Gray Web Technology + Design
    "It's better to be at the bottom of a ladder you want to climb than halfway up one you don’t" - The Office (UK)

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

By default the storefront isn't going to let you mix shipping methods like this. You either use tables and shipping methods you set up, or Realtime shipping, not both. It will take some custom code to get both working at once.

If you continue to get the "No shipping method found" error, check out this KB article: https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....barticleid=142
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 01-14-2008 at 11:46 PM. Reason: new kb link

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

You asked if "there was any way", and the answer to that is always, "yes".

You'll need the source code. Inside the ShoppingCart class, find the "GetRates" method. After the shipping results are returned by "realTimeShipping.GetRates", inject your "will-call" option:
    Code:
    tmpS.Insert(0,"Customer Pickup|0.00,");
    Jon Wolthuis

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

On version 7.0.1.2, I get an "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error when trying to use the method you describe below. The DLL compiles no problem but when I put it into the bin directory on the website and try and check out, this is what happens...

Here's what I've done in the GetRates section of ShoppingCart.cs:
    Code:
                decimal ShippingTaxRate = CommonLogic.IIF(m_VATOn, ThisCustomer.TaxRate(AppLogic.AppConfigUSInt("ShippingTaxClassID")) / 100.0M, 0);
                tmpS.Append((string)realTimeShipping.GetRates(shipment, carriers, format, "ShippingMethod", "ShippingMethod", ShippingTaxRate, out RTShipRequest, out RTShipResponse, ShippingHandlingExtraFee, (decimal)MarkupPercent, this.SubTotal(true, false, false, false)));
                // MJGmod - Insert a $0 shipping method for Will Call
                tmpS.Insert(0, "Customer Pickup|0.00,");

chimera is offline Junior Member

Default try this

I solved this issue a different way completely, but it gives the same effect. Anyway, I ran into the same type of issue, but it's an easy fix.

What you most likely need to do for the error you're receiving is add another "|0.00" to the new tmpS.Insert statement, so instead of "Customer Pickup|0.00,", it would be "Customer Pickup|0.00|0.00" (try that . . . this accounts for the additional shipping/handling fees that the code is looking for when it splits the string.)

ac661 is offline Junior Member

Default Can't find GetRates in ShoppingCart....

Can this be fixed if you don't have the source code. All my files end in ASPX and aspx.cs. Does this mean I don't have the source code? I need to do this upgrade, is there any other way.

I checked out both ShoppingCart.aspx and ShoppingCart.aspx.cs and the "GetRates"

was no were to be found?
    Aaron C.
    Web Designer
    http://www.completewsiesolutions.com

Rob is offline Senior Member

Yes, the GetRates is implemented in a DLL class which you would need source to change.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

kyleeeeee is offline Member

I just wanted to follow-up and see if anyone found a method to do this without source code.