Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: combine shipping

cakewalkr7 is offline Member

Default combine shipping

I could have sworn that when I read the features for this cart before we purchased it that it said something about being able to combine shipping on multiple items. I can't find that feature in the admin section and was wondering if I was incorrect in thinking that was possible. Am I able to set that up somehow? Thanks.

jon-langley is offline Member

ASPDNSF does allow combined Shipping.

ie. Buyer adds 1 product to cart and can then proceed to add more of the same or different item and combine Shipping.

However, if the Buyer adds 1 item to the cart and proceeds to checkout and pays, then combined shipping is no longer available on that order and if he purchases something else, is considered a new order and new shipping.

The exception to this is...

Have you set the inventory item up to be "*Is Ship Separately: Yes"? If so, then that product will be considered a 1 item package and will not combine with anything else.

cakewalkr7 is offline Member

I don't see that option when I have my shipping rate table set to individual item shipping cost. I'm assuming it won't combine shipping in that case? But if we have calculate by weight, I just have to make sure the ships separately is set to no? Thanks.

Damien is offline Member

Hi,

That option will not be available when you have the shipping method set to "Use Individual Item Shipping Costs" because this method assumes that everything will "Ship separately" And it is only really designed to work with real time shipping. If you take a look at this manual article it will describe how "Is Ship Separately" is designed to work.

http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/m...e_shipping.htm

Thanks,
    Damien

dlaw1552001 is offline Junior Member

Default Use Individual Item Shipping Cost

Damien,

Hope this is not too late of a reply. I am new to AspDotNetStorefront, but is frustrated by the shipping set up.

I don't understand why when you said 'Use Individual Item Shipping Costs' is designed for real time shipping, that the configuration does not allow both to be selected.

Only one configuration of shipping can be set at one time. Is there a way to have more choices?