Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do you make the category summary text show

BradC is offline Member

Default How do you make the category summary text show

If this is the code used to access the Description tab of a category.
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:EntityPageHeaderDescription($Entit yName, $EntityID)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

What is the code for accessing the Summary tab? I tried this, but it didn’t work.
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:EntityPageHeaderSummary($EntityNam e, $EntityID)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

There is no XSLTExtension to display the Summary field. You could write your own, placing it in the /AspDotNetStorefrontCommon/XSLTExtensions.cs file. Basically, you'd copy the EntityPageHeaderDescription method inside XSLTExtensionBase.cs, and make the appropriate edits.
    Jon Wolthuis

BradC is offline Member

Thanks Jon,

I take it I need to buy the souce code to do that, correct?

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

You'd need the source to modify the AspDotNetCommon project.

As an alternative, you could modify the showCategory page, using asp.net server-side controls (controls bound to recordsets), rather than (or in addition to) XMLPackages.
    Jon Wolthuis

estephen is offline Senior Member

Another alternative is to grab the value directly from the XML. Summary used to not be included in the entity helpers in older versions, but looks like it's being pulled through now, so no SQL mods necessary. It just requires EntityHelpers being set to true in the category XML package.

You can set the value to a param and then use it wherever you want in your package.

<!-- SET A PARAM OR USE THE XML VALUE DIRECTLY -->
    <xsl:param name="CategorySummary">
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Decode(/root/EntityHelpers/*[name()=$EntityName]/descendant::Entity[EntityID=$EntityID]/Summary)" />
    </xsl:param>

<!-- TO REFERENCE THE PARAM LATER IN YOUR PACKAGE -->
    <xsl:value-of select="$CategorySummary" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    />
    Simply set debug="true" to troubleshoot if necessary.

BradC is offline Member

Thanks

Works like a charm.

JMidd is offline Junior Member

Default Works great, but what about sub-categories?

I would like the summary text for sub-categories to be displayed on the category page. How can this be accomplished? Using your method, only the current category summary is being displayed.

Thanks!

Hondo69 is offline Member

This method still works!

Since this is all new to me I'll add a few notes for others:
    You have to add the first portion of the code at the top of the xml package where the other parameters are set:
    <xslaram name

Then add the 2nd portion down in the code after you see this appear (</xsl:for-each>). Should be right before this: </xsl:template>
    Version ML 8.0.1.4/8.0.1.4