Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to customize the checkout process

Nilkanth is offline Junior Member

Default How to customize the checkout process

Folks,

I am new at aspdotnetstorefornt and looking for help !

How to customize the checkout process

The current default process has 5-6 steps before user placed an order with payment options.

I want to modify the checkout process..

1. Remove payment gatway/options ( there will be no money transcation for my users - all my users are internal )

2. At the end of checkout process...it should generates shipping receipt and send an email to multiple users ( user and admin ) with order confirmation.

3. how do i customzie Invoice format if needed.

I'm looking forward to hear some sounds....

Thanks,
    Nilkanth

Is this correct forum to post my questions regarding checkout process ?

estephen is offline Senior Member

1. How do you want this to work? Do they see prices? If not, just make everything $0.00 with Free Shipping on all products. Or, show the "regular price" and put everyone in a Customer Level with 100% off. They'll see the normal price and a 100% off price of 0.00. If the order amount total $0.00 with Free Shipping, then the credit card info won't appear. There may be other ways, these are just a couple of suggestions.

2. I think the email is single value only. However, you could use an email address that is an alias or group that points to all the people you need. The app config is GotOrderEMailTo.

3. The XML Package is notification.receipt.xml.config

You can also take a look at using one page checkout to shorten the process. See App Configs Checkout.UseOnePageCheckout and Checkout.UseOnePageCheckout.UseFinalReviewOrderPag e

estephen is offline Senior Member

I might have misread #2. I was thinking back-office. If it's just an email to the "customer" and the "store admin", the site already does this automatically. Simply specify an email in the app config I provided for the store admin, the customer will get it automatically if app config SendOrderEMailToCustomer is true.

Thanks all for your reply.

Hi estephen,

Thanks for your reply. app config SendOrderEMailToCustomer is true worked for me.