Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Turn off AMEX and Diners Credit card as a payment

scheineden is offline Member

Default Turn off AMEX and Diners Credit card as a payment

Hi All,

I would like to disable /hide Diners and AMEX as the payment method.

How do I this?

thanks

Damien is offline Member

You will need to navigate to Misc --> More --> Credit Card Types. In there you can specify which credit cards are displayed in the card drop down menu.

Thanks,
    Damien

Thanks alot Damien

Thanks alot Damien.

Is it possible to add extra charge for credit card payment for ex 3%?

ASPDNSF Staff - Andrew Guest

This is probably coming next..... To remove AMEX from the credit card type gifts you have to edit the skin_1/images/creditcards.jpg file.

Thanks all for the quick response. Cant wait for the next release that provide this extra features.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

I think he was referring to "your next question"... how to delete the AmEx image.
    Jon Wolthuis

ASPDNSF Staff - Andrew Guest

Sorry guys. We must have been replying at the same time

ram is offline Senior Member

How to allow AMEX? We just got approved to accept AMEX. Thanks.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

AMEX by default is allowed. If you don't have it, you need to go to Configuration -> Payment -> Credit Card Types in your admin section and make sure that AMEX is listed as one of the card types. All there is to it once you have your merchant account set-up to accept AMEX
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

ram is offline Senior Member

Thank you.

ohmydude_ML is offline Member

is there any harm in changing the phrasings of these cards in the admin? the reason being it looks weird in the customer checkout page.

ex.
    AMEX is the listed default. we would prefer American Express
    VISA would be Visa
    DISCOVER would be Discover

we use authorize.net. will changing these screw the system up?

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

Actually there is. Gateways expect those strings formatted the way we currently display them. If you change that, you'd have to add in logic to display it one way but send it to the gateway another way.

is there any common language between ASPDNSF and the gateway as to what this is called?

i.e. so i can contact them and say " this VALUE is currently set as "AMEX" or "DISCOVER"...does your system also allow "American Express" or "Discover"? "

is it case sensitive? not everyone realizes AMEX equals "American Express". perhaps you guys should add a translation layer in admin, along with the ability to order these listings so that we can display as needed and still have the correct callback term.

thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

I don't really think there are going to be all that many people out there that don't put 'AMEX' and 'American Express' together, but it wouldn't hurt to have something like this.

I've added it as a feature request internally, we'll look at adding it to the build in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    I don't really think there are going to be all that many people out there that don't put 'AMEX' and 'American Express' together, but it wouldn't hurt to have something like this.

I've added it as a feature request internally, we'll look at adding it to the build in the future.
    thanks. will all due respect i disagree. i've been selling online for nearly a decade, and there will ALWAYS be a small portion of people that will get confused (this percentage of people becoming notable over time, as with all things ecommerce), so consistency and clarity are HUGE. additionally you have a small percentage of people who will react to the "quickness" of a merchant that types "AMEX" as opposed to spelling it out.

i agree it's a small detail, but none-the-less a detail so i appreciate you submitting it to future builds! :>)
    Last edited by ohmydude_ML; 02-18-2010 at 06:09 AM.