Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: To ASPDNSF Dev Team - Start using CSS - Stop Hard Coding Styles

stevewest9 is offline Junior Member

Default To ASPDNSF Dev Team - Please Stop Hard Coding Styles into Interface

OK,

I've been a customer (a small one) for about 5 years now.... and fortunately I have source code so I can modify what I need to when I need to, but I just recently got into 9.3.1.... and I'm very glad to see the improvements in the infrastructure like switching to using ASP.Net in a more traditional way (controls, postbacks etc)... but I do have to say ask.... please STOP hard coding styles into the interface.

Code like this:

<td colspan="2" style="width: 15%; padding-top:10px; padding-bottom:5px; border-top: solid 1px #000000" align="center">

Has got to to go!

If you just placed those into a new class in the style sheets... then we can as developers, customizers can easily change the values when necessary. When it's hard coded into the application in classes like "ShoppingCart.cs" it's much more difficult to customize the interface as needed.

Just saying.....

Also some of the forms really need to be updated...... the "signin.aspx" form and create account form is just not done well at all. I know the functionality is there, and that's what's most important.... but please, please, please go through some of these forms and make them CSS3 compliant and clean them up!

Thanks in advance.... as a software developer I know this stuff is hard.... but some things just need to be done... sorry just saying!
    Last edited by stevewest9; 11-24-2012 at 07:01 AM.