Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Installation Trouble: Connecting to SQL

Canterbury is offline Junior Member

Default Installation Trouble: Connecting to SQL

Hello everyone. I have installed the storefront in a development environment using Windows Server 2003 and Sql Express 2005. I have followed the installation directions very closely and I am now having difficulty getting the application to connect to the SQL server. All of these attempts are being performed right on the the server box using localhost.

Here is the error rendered by the browser:

I am using the following connection string (password masked):

<add key="DBConn" value="data source=localhost\sqlexpress initial catalog=storefront;user id=ghettobird;password=xxxxxx;persist security info=True;packet size=4096" />

Yet I can connect from SQL Server Management:

I am reasonably novice at SQL Server Administration so I'm not sure if I need to add some type of security roles for the IUSR, ASPNET, NETWORK SERVICE. I have tried adding all of them.

Thanks in advance.

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Is the GhettoBird user listed under the Security tab in the database? If not then this will need to be added and set as DB_Owner. The username and password in the DBConn line relate to the SQL database user not the actual SQL Server Management Login.

Skriver is offline Senior Member

This may also help, you probably have this but worth going over again

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...windows-7.aspx

Canterbury is offline Junior Member

Default Yes, Ghettobird has db_owner...

But using SA as the user in web.config yields the same result. Also it is worth noting that I can easily connect to the SQL database from any other computer on the network.

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

try Replacing:
    Code:
    <add key="DBConn" value="data source=localhost\sqlexpress initial catalog=storefront;user id=ghettobird;password=xxxxxx;persist security info=True;packet size=4096" />
    With:

Code:
    <add key="DBConn" value="data source=localhost\sqlexpress; initial catalog=storefront;user id=ghettobird;password=xxxxxx;persist security info=True;packet size=4096" />
    Which is basically adding a semicolon between the data source and initial catalog parameters.