Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting up Multi-store on localhost - store configs ignored and default to store1

lambrite is offline Senior Member

Default Setting up Multi-store on localhost - store configs ignored and default to store1

I've set up two 9.3 stores on localhost using this article, and this article. In order to get the licenses to validate, my two stores are named aspdotnetstorefront.store1.localhost and aspdotnetstorefront.store2.localhost.

I have store1 configured to use skin_1 and store2 configured to use skin_3 in the store maintenance section. Both folders exist in themes and templates, and they are are actually different. I've reset the cache, reset IIS, and everything else I can think of.

No matter what I do, the second store uses skin_1 and the storename from store1. However, the products/categories/mappings/etc do act as expected. What step am I missing, to get my second store to use the proper skin?

lambrite is offline Senior Member

I ended up commenting out these lines in SkinBase.cs:
    C#/VB.NET Code:
                   //else if (AppLogic.AppConfig("Signin.SkinMaster").EqualsIgnoreCase("session"))
                    //{
                    //    m_SkinID = m_ThisCustomer.DBSkinID;  
                    //} 
    Not sure if there is a better way to force the store skin to load, regardless of customer preference...