Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: 9.3 Mobile - Add to Cart Button on Product Page not Showing Text on Button

angela.hilgeford is offline Junior Member

Default 9.3 Mobile - Add to Cart Button on Product Page not Showing Text on Button

I'm beginning to customize a mobile page for one of my clients and I'm having an issue with the add to cart button on the product page:

---on the regular site we have the appconfig for AddToCart.UseImageButton set to true, so it looks like this setting is honored in the mobile settings. If this is true, then I'm having an issue with the CSS that is making a button in the background.

---if the above appconfig does not effect the button display in mobile, what is the string resource and/or how do I get text to be inserted into the span that is created?

here is a screenshot of the add to cart image working but the css driven white button that I'm having an issue with getting to not display:

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Angie

heykate is offline Member

Lightbulb

Angie,

I had started a half finish project where I ran into that issue on mobile. I would just make sure your String Resource is set to have text in it, and the next will appear on both Mobile and Desktop versions of the site.

AppConfig.CartButtonPrompt

The value should include some sort of add to cart text like, "Add To Cart'.

With this project I had, they made the text directly in the button, so you are going to not want to include text of the ADD TO CART, in the button but rather just a plain CSS button, which you can find generators online if you are not familiar with the text.

Here is a link to one that makes pretty good ones...

http://www.cssbuttongenerator.com/

Heykate

angela.hilgeford is offline Junior Member

Default Fixed

Ok, since the appconfig value for image as button was contingent on mobile, we went ahead and set that back to false and the string resource text shows up in the button!
    ------thank you heykate

--Now we have a new issue with the cart not automatically showing/confirming that you've added a product to the cart, it only ups the number of products in my cart when I navigate to a new page or actually refresh the page...any thoughts?

-Angie

heykate is offline Member

Angie,

Not a problem.

As for your new problem I am not entirely sure what you are talking about. Is this on the mobile version of the site? You are adding products and its not reflecting where exactly? in the link in the top (number), is there a url so I can see what you are talking about?

Kate