Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sorting Items

xoticrox is offline Member

Default Sorting Items

Maybe Im missing something, im not sure.

In the string resource manager, the strings "sort", "low to high", "high to low", "sort by:"

Are these actually used somewhere, or were they a developers cruel joke saying yea, you could sort the items, but thats your problem, but we'll make pretty little strings for them anyway ??

If they are built in, how by chance would you call them ?

this is also listed in the products matrix...
    C#/VB.NET Code:
    Sort products in any order desired (you can force popular products to the top of the pages
    any help would be appreciated

fsantos is offline Senior Member

Xoticrox,

What exactly do you want to sort? Is it a search result? Or a category listing? A manufacturer's listing?

I never thought about this sorting before, as for my products most of the time sorting is not useful (apart from the built-in display order), but now that you mentioned it, maybe it can be interesting to implement for some situations.

fsantos

i would like for the customer to be able to sort items on any given page by the price eof the item (ascending or decending), or by the name of the item (ascending or decending).

I would like to add that to any page that has products on it.

Also, and I imagine that if I knew how to accomplish the above, I would like the ability to sort the items on the search reasults page. ( I was able to add a column on there for price so that the price now shows in the search results. )

Rob is offline Senior Member

We cannot add these items instantly, but yes, they are in discussion and in some cases in progress....

Amberite is offline Junior Member

Hi,

Any idea of what ever happened with this? In March a staffer said it was under consideration, but I see it's still not implemented.

Any updates?

DanielR is offline Member

I agree, sorting the products by price should 100% be a standard feature.

I have no idea how to set it up and don't want to pay someone a ton of money to code it into our store.

C'mon guys, even the free carts have sorting by price built in as a standard feature. You would be surprised how many of your customers would love to have this, and it would probably take one of your techs a couple hours to code it in.

Please provide us sorting

Rob is offline Senior Member

RE: price sorting...we've indicated a number of times, that's not quite so simple as everyone thinks all the time.

Which price? regular, sale, customer level (extended?) what if the related product is a kit, they don't have prices until configured? What if the product has sizes & colors with price modifiers, again, you won't konw the price until they select the attributes they want. if currency conversions are enabled, have to do that also. What about VAT inc/ex...What if they have a product coupon, should we factor that into the sorting? What about quantity discounts applied to pricing?

Everyone thinks that "showing a price" is dirt simple and 2 mins work, but it's actually quite complicated...UNLESS you know for your own store, that you don't care about any of the complications mentioned above and then you can just dump a price out to the page.

We cannot make such simple assumptions if we put it in the core.

I'm not saying we can't, or won't add it, but most of the time it's VASTLY easier to just do it for your storefront where you know the specific rules. I'll talk to dev on this again to see what makes sense.
    Last edited by Rob; 12-24-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Thanks for replying so quick. I completely agree that if you were to take all the things you mentioned above into account it would be a huge piece of code to write.

However, if you were to take a poll from the customer base you would see the majority of people would be happy with the simple regular price sorting.

Anyone that needs to worry about customer levels, vats, kits and currency all at the same time will most likely have a customized setup anyway.

Dont think I'm raggin' on you guys, I love the cart. In my opinion it's the best one on the market and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just tryin' to give a suggestion that I'm sure many people would really appreciate.

Jason.Shehane is offline Junior Member

Default Sort By Price Ascending

Here is how I did it if anybody would like to incorporate sort by price.
    1. run the following SQL:
    C#/VB.NET Code:
    USE [AspDotNetStorefront]
    GO
    /****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[aspdnsf_GetProducts]    Script Date: 12/31/2007 10:15:13 ******/
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON
    GO
    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
    GO
    ALTER proc 
    [dbo].[aspdnsf_GetProducts]
        @
    categoryID      int null,
        @
    sectionID       int null,
        @
    manufacturerID  int null,
        @
    distributorID   int null,
        @
    genreID         int null,
        @
    vectorID        int null,
        @
    localeID        int null,
        @
    CustomerLevelID int null,
        @
    affiliateID     int null,
        @
    ProductTypeID   int null,
        @
    ViewType        bit 1, -- all variantsone variant

@sortEntity      int 0, -- categorysectionmanufacturerdistributor5genrevector

@pagenum         int 1,
        @
    pagesize        int null,
        @
    StatsFirst      tinyint 1,
        @
    searchstr       nvarchar(4000) = null,
        @
    extSearch       tinyint 0,
        @
    publishedonly   tinyint 0,
        @
    ExcludePacks    tinyint 0,
        @
    ExcludeKits     tinyint 0,
        @
    ExcludeSysProds tinyint 0,
        @
    InventoryFilter int 0,  --  will only show products with an inventory level GREATER OR EQUAL TO than the number specified in this parameterset to -1 to disable inventory filtering

@sortEntityName  varchar(20) = '', -- usely only when the entity id is providedallowed valuescategorysectionmanufacturerdistributorgenrevector

@localeName      varchar(20) = '',
        @
    OnSaleOnly      tinyint 0
    AS
    BEGIN

SET NOCOUNT ON 

DECLARE @rcount int

DECLARE @productfilter table (rownum int not null identity  primary keyproductid int not nulldisplayorder int not nullVariantID int not nullVariantDisplayOrder int not nullProductName nvarchar(400nullVariantName nvarchar(400null)
        DECLARE @
    FilterProductsByAffiliate tinyint, @FilterProductsByCustomerLevel tinyint, @HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel int

--Temp table I create to give me the row number of results I sort how I want.

CREATE TABLE #RowNumber (displayorder int IDENTITY(1,1), productid int, categoryID int)

CREATE TABLE #displayorder (productid int not null primary key, displayorder int not null)

CREATE TABLE #inventoryfilter (productid int not null, variantid int not null, InvQty int not null)

CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX tmp_inventoryfilter ON #inventoryfilter (productid, variantid)

DECLARE @custlevelcount int, @sectioncount int, @localecount int, @affiliatecount int, @categorycount int, @CustomerLevelFilteringIsAscending bit, @distributorcount int, @genrecount int, @vectorcount int, @manufacturercount int

SELECT 
    @FilterProductsByAffiliate = case ConfigValue when 'true' then 1 else 0 end FROM dbo.AppConfig WHERE [Name] = 'FilterProductsByAffiliate'

SELECT @FilterProductsByCustomerLevel = case ConfigValue when 'true' then 1 else 0 end FROM dbo.AppConfig WHERE [Name] = 'FilterProductsByCustomerLevel'

SELECT @HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel convert(intConfigValueFROM dbo.AppConfig WHERE [Name] = 'HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel' and isnumeric(ConfigValue) = 1

IF @InventoryFilter <> -and (@HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel > @InventoryFilter or @HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel  = -1)

SET @InventoryFilter  = @HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel

SET 
    @categoryID      nullif(@categoryID0)

SET @sectionID       nullif(@sectionID0)

SET @manufacturerID  nullif(@manufacturerID0)

SET @distributorID   nullif(@distributorID0)

SET @genreID            nullif(@genreID0)

SET @vectorID        nullif(@vectorID0)

SET @affiliateID     nullif(@affiliateID0)

SET @ProductTypeID   nullif(@ProductTypeID0)

SET @CustomerLevelFilteringIsAscending  0
        SELECT 
    @CustomerLevelFilteringIsAscending  = case configvalue when 'true' then 1 else 0 end
        FROM dbo
    .AppConfig
        WHERE name 
    'FilterByCustomerLevelIsAscending'

IF @localeID is null and ltrim(rtrim(@localeName)) <> ''

SELECT @localeID LocaleSettingID FROM LocaleSetting WHERE Name ltrim(rtrim(@localeName))

select @categorycount     si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('productcategory') and si.indid and type 'u'

select @sectioncount      si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('productsection') and si.indid and type 'u'

select @localecount       si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductLocaleSetting') and si.indid and type 'u'

select @custlevelcount    si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductCustomerLevel') and si.indid and type 'u'

select @affiliatecount    si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductAffiliate') and si.indid and type 'u'

select @distributorcount  si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductDistributor') and si.indid and type 'u'

select @genrecount        si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductGenre') and si.indid and type 'u'

select @vectorcount       si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductVector') and si.indid and type 'u'

select @manufacturercount si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductManufacturer') and si.indid and type 'u'

-- get page size

IF @pagesize is null or @pagesize 0 BEGIN

IF @categoryID is not null
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Category WHERE categoryID = @categoryID

ELSE IF @sectionID is not null
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Section WHERE sectionID = @sectionID

ELSE IF @manufacturerID is not null
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Manufacturer WHERE manufacturerID = @manufacturerID

ELSE IF @distributorID is not null
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Distributor WHERE distributorID = @distributorID

ELSE IF @genreID is not null
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Genre WHERE genreID = @genreID

ELSE IF @vectorID is not null
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Vector WHERE vectorID = @vectorID

ELSE 

SELECT @pagesize convert(intConfigValueFROM dbo.AppConfig WHERE [Name] = 'Default_CategoryPageSize'

END

IF @pagesize is null or @pagesize 0
            SET 
    @pagesize 20

-- get sort order

IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'category' BEGIN
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductCategory where categoryID = @categoryID

END

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'section' BEGIN
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductSection where sectionId = @sectionID

END

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'manufacturer' BEGIN
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductManufacturer where ManufacturerID = @manufacturerID

END

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'distributor' BEGIN
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductDistributor where DistributorID = @distributorID

END

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'genre' BEGIN
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductGenre where GenreID = @genreID

END

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'vector' BEGIN
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductVector where VectorID = @vectorID

END

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'categoryprice' BEGIN

INSERT 
    #RowNumber (productID, categoryID)

SELECT PC.ProductidPC.CategoryID
            FROM ProductCategory PC INNER JOIN ProductVariant PV
                ON PC
    .productID PV.productID
            WHERE PC
    .CategoryID = @categoryID
            GROUP BY PC
    .ProductIDPC.CategoryID
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.Price)

INSERT #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @categoryID

END

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'sectionprice' BEGIN

INSERT 

SELECT PS.ProductidPS.SectionID
            FROM ProductSection PS INNER JOIN ProductVariant PV
                ON PS
    .productID PV.productID
            WHERE PS
    .SectionID = @sectionID
            GROUP BY PS
    .ProductIDPS.SectionID
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.Price)

INSERT #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @sectionID

END

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'manufacturerprice' BEGIN

INSERT 

SELECT PM.ProductidPM.ManufacturerID
            FROM ProductManufacturer PM INNER JOIN ProductVariant PV
                ON PM
    .productID PV.productID
            WHERE PM
    .ManufacturerID = @ManufacturerID
            GROUP BY PM
    .ProductIDPM.ManufacturerID
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.Price)

INSERT #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @ManufacturerID

END

ELSE BEGIN
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, 1 from Product ORDER BY Name

END

SET 
    @searchstr '%' rtrim(ltrim(@searchstr)) + '%'

IF @InventoryFilter <> -1 BEGIN

IF @ViewType 1 BEGIN
                INSERT 
    #inventoryfilter

SELECT p.productidpv.VariantIDsum(case p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor when 1 then isnull(i.quan0) else pv.inventory end invqty
                FROM product p with 
    (NOLOCKjoin #displayorder d on p.ProductID = d.ProductID

join ProductVariant pv with (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pv.ProductID  and pv.IsDefault 1
                    left join Inventory i with 
    (NOLOCKon pv.VariantID i.VariantID
                GROUP BY p
    .productidpv.VariantID
                HAVING sum
    (case p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor when 1 then isnull(i.quan0) else pv.inventory end ) >= @InventoryFilter
            END

ELSE

INSERT #inventoryfilter

SELECT p.productidpv.VariantIDsum(case p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor when 1 then isnull(i.quan0) else pv.inventory end invqty
                FROM product p with 

join ProductVariant pv with (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pv.ProductID
                GROUP BY p
    .productidpv.VariantID
                HAVING sum
    (case p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor when 1 then isnull(i.quan0) else pv.inventory end ) >= @InventoryFilter

INSERT 
    @productfilter (productiddisplayorderVariantIDVariantDisplayOrderProductNameVariantName)

SELECT distinct p.productid, do.displayorderpv.VariantIDpv.DisplayOrderp.Namepv.Name
            FROM 
                product p with 
    (nolock)

join #displayorder do on p.ProductID = do.ProductID 

left join ProductVariant pv        with (NOLOCKON p.ProductID pv.ProductID and pv.IsDefault >= @ViewType
                left join productcategory pc       with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID pc.ProductID 
                left join productsection ps        with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID ps.ProductID 
                left join ProductManufacturer pm   with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID pm.ProductID 
                left join ProductDistributor pd    with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID pd.ProductID 
                left join ProductGenre px          with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID px.ProductID 
                left join ProductVector px2        with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID px2.ProductID 
                left join ProductLocaleSetting pl  with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID pl.ProductID 
                left join ProductCustomerLevel pcl with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID pcl.ProductID 
                left join ProductAffiliate pa      with 
    (nolockon p.ProductID pa.ProductID 
                join 
    #inventoryfilter i on pv.VariantID = i.VariantID

WHERE 

(pc.categoryid = @categoryID or @categoryID is null or @categorycount 0)
              and (
    ps.sectionid = @sectionID or @sectionID is null or @sectioncount 0)
              and (
    pl.LocaleSettingID = @localeID or @localeID is null or @localecount 0)
              and (
    pa.AffiliateID = @affiliateID or pa.AffiliateID is null or @affiliatecount or @FilterProductsByAffiliate 0)
              and (
    pm.manufacturerid = @manufacturerID or @manufacturerID is null or @manufacturercount 0)
              and (
    pd.DistributorID = @distributorID or @distributorID is null or @distributorcount 0)
              and (
    px.GenreID = @genreID or @genreID is null or @genrecount 0)
              and (
    px2.VectorID = @vectorID or @vectorID is null or @vectorcount 0)
              and 
    p.ProductTypeID coalesce(@ProductTypeIDp.ProductTypeID)
              and (case 

when @FilterProductsByCustomerLevel or @custlevelcount or pcl.CustomerLevelID is null then 1
                    when 
    @CustomerLevelFilteringIsAscending and pcl.CustomerLevelID <= @CustomerLevelID then 1 
                    when pcl
    .CustomerLevelID = @CustomerLevelID or pcl.CustomerLevelID is null then 1 

else 0
                   end  

)
              and (
                     @
    searchstr is null

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.name'')) > 0

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(convert(nvarchar(20),p.productid), '')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(pv.name'')) > 0

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.sku '')+isnull(pv.skusuffix '')) > 0

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.manufacturerpartnumber'')) > 0

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(pv.manufacturerpartnumber'')) > 0

or (patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.Description'')) > and @extSearch 1)
                  or (
    patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.Summary'')) > and @extSearch 1)
                  )
              and case 
    when isnull(pv.saleprice,0) = 0 then 0 else 1 end >= @OnSaleOnly

and p.published >= @publishedonly

and pv.published >= @publishedonly

and isnull(p.IsAPack0) <= 1-@ExcludePacks

and isnull(p.IsAKit0) <= 1-@ExcludeKits

and p.IsSystem <= 1-@ExcludeSysProds

and p.Deleted 0

and pv.Deleted 0

and getdate() between isnull(p.AvailableStartDate'1/1/1900') and isnull(p.AvailableStopDate'1/1/2999')

order by do.displayorderp.Namepv.DisplayOrderpv.Name

END 

ELSE BEGIN
            INSERT 
    @productfilter (productiddisplayorderVariantIDVariantDisplayOrderProductNameVariantName)

SELECT distinct p.productid, do.displayorderpv.VariantIDpv.DisplayOrderp.Namepv.Name
            FROM 
                product p with 
    (nolock)

join ProductVariant pv             with (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pv.ProductID and pv.IsDefault >= @ViewType
            WHERE 

(pc.categoryid = @categoryID or @categoryID is null or @categorycount 0)
              and (
    ps.sectionid = @sectionID or @sectionID is null or @sectioncount 0)
              and (
    pl.LocaleSettingID = @localeID or @localeID is null or @localecount 0)
              and (
    pa.AffiliateID = @affiliateID or pa.AffiliateID is null or @affiliatecount or @FilterProductsByAffiliate 0)
              and (
    pm.manufacturerid = @manufacturerID or @manufacturerID is null or @manufacturercount 0)
              and (
    pd.DistributorID = @distributorID or @distributorID is null or @distributorcount 0)
              and (
    px.GenreID = @genreID or @genreID is null or @genrecount 0)
              and (
    px2.VectorID = @vectorID or @vectorID is null or @vectorcount 0)
              and 
    p.ProductTypeID coalesce(@ProductTypeIDp.ProductTypeID)
              and (case 

when @FilterProductsByCustomerLevel or @custlevelcount or pcl.CustomerLevelID is null then 1
                    when 
    @CustomerLevelFilteringIsAscending and pcl.CustomerLevelID <= @CustomerLevelID then 1 
                    when pcl

else 0
                   end  

)
              and (
                     @
    searchstr is null

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.name'')) > 0

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(convert(nvarchar(20),p.productid), '')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(pv.name'')) > 0

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.sku '')+isnull(pv.skusuffix '')) > 0

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.manufacturerpartnumber'')) > 0

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(pv.manufacturerpartnumber'')) > 0

or (patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.Description'')) > and @extSearch 1)
                  or (
    patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.Summary'')) > and @extSearch 1)
                  )
              and case 

and p.Deleted 0

and pv.Deleted 0

and getdate() between isnull(p.AvailableStartDate'1/1/1900') and isnull(p.AvailableStopDate'1/1/2999')

END

SET 
    @rcount = @@rowcount

IF @StatsFirst 1
            SELECT cast
    (ceiling(@rcount*1.0/@pagesize) as intpages, @rcount ProductCount

SELECT 
            p
    .ProductID,

p.Name,

pv.VariantID,

pv.Name AS VariantName,

p.ProductGUID,

p.Summary,

p.Description,

p.SEKeywords,

p.SEDescription,

p.SpecTitle,

p.MiscText,

p.SwatchImageMap,

p.IsFeaturedTeaser,

p.FroogleDescription,

p.SETitle,

p.SENoScript,

p.SEAltText,

p.SizeOptionPrompt,

p.ColorOptionPrompt,

p.TextOptionPrompt,

p.ProductTypeID,

p.TaxClassID,

p.SKU,

p.ManufacturerPartNumber,

p.SalesPromptID,

p.SpecCall,

p.SpecsInline,

p.IsFeatured,

p.XmlPackage,

p.ColWidth,

p.Published,

p.RequiresRegistration,

p.Looks,

p.Notes,

p.QuantityDiscountID,

p.RelatedProducts,

p.UpsellProducts,

p.UpsellProductDiscountPercentage,

p.RelatedDocuments,

p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor,

p.TrackInventoryBySize,

p.TrackInventoryByColor,

p.IsAKit,

p.ShowInProductBrowser,

p.IsAPack,

p.PackSize,

p.ShowBuyButton,

p.RequiresProducts,

p.HidePriceUntilCart,

p.IsCalltoOrder,

p.ExcludeFromPriceFeeds,

p.RequiresTextOption,

p.TextOptionMaxLength,

p.SEName,

p.Deleted,

p.CreatedOn,

p.ImageFileNameOverride,

pv.VariantGUID,

pv.Description AS VariantDescription,

pv.SEKeywords AS VariantSEKeywords,

pv.SEDescription AS VariantSEDescription,

pv.Colors,

pv.ColorSKUModifiers,

pv.Sizes,

pv.SizeSKUModifiers,

pv.FroogleDescription AS VariantFroogleDescription,

pv.SKUSuffix,

pv.ManufacturerPartNumber AS VariantManufacturerPartNumber,

pv.Price,

pv.CustomerEntersPrice

pv.CustomerEntersPricePrompt,

isnull(pv.SalePrice0SalePrice,

cast(isnull(pv.Weight,0) as decimal(10,1)) Weight,

pv.MSRP,

pv.Cost,

isnull(pv.Points,0Points,

pv.Dimensions,
            case 
    p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor when 1 then isnull(i.quan0) else pv.inventory end Inventory,

pv.DisplayOrder as VariantDisplayOrder,

pv.Notes AS VariantNotes,

pv.IsTaxable,

pv.IsShipSeparately,

pv.IsDownload,

pv.DownloadLocation,

pv.Published AS VariantPublished,

pv.IsSecureAttachment,

pv.IsRecurring,

pv.RecurringInterval,

pv.RecurringIntervalType,

pv.SubscriptionInterval,

pv.SEName AS VariantSEName,

pv.RestrictedQuantities,

pv.MinimumQuantity,

pv.Deleted AS VariantDeleted,

pv.CreatedOn AS VariantCreatedOn,

d.Name AS DistributorName,

d.DistributorID,

d.SEName AS DistributorSEName,

m.ManufacturerID,

m.Name AS ManufacturerName,

m.SEName AS ManufacturerSEName,

s.Name AS SalesPromptName,
            case 
    when pcl.productid is null then 0 else isnull(ep.Price0end ExtendedPrice
        FROM Product p with 
    (NOLOCK

left join ProductVariant       pv  with (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pv.ProductID and pv.IsDefault >= @ViewType
            join 
    @productfilter            pf                on pv.ProductID pf.ProductID and pv.VariantID pf.VariantID 
            left join SalesPrompt           s  with 
    (NOLOCKon p.SalesPromptID s.SalesPromptID 
            left join ProductManufacturer  pm  with 
    (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pm.ProductID 
            left join Manufacturer          m  with 
    (NOLOCKon pm.ManufacturerID m.ManufacturerID 
            left join ProductDistributor   pd  with 
    (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pd.ProductID
            left join Distributor           d  with 
    (NOLOCKon pd.DistributorID d.DistributorID
            left join ExtendedPrice        ep  with 
    (NOLOCKon ep.VariantID pv.VariantID and ep.CustomerLevelID = @CustomerLevelID
    (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pcl.ProductID and pcl.CustomerLevelID = @CustomerLevelID
            left join 
    (select VariantIDsum(quanquan from Inventory with (nolockgroup by VariantIDi  on pv.VariantID i.VariantID
        WHERE pf
    .rownum >= @pagesize*(@pagenum-1)+and pf.rownum <= @pagesize*(@pagenum)

ORDER BY pf.rownum

IF @StatsFirst <> 1
            SELECT cast

END 
    This creates 3 more sort options for the "GetProducts" stored procedure.
    They are: categoryprice, sectionprice, manufacturerprice (depending on which bucket needs to be sorted by price)

2. I created a new xml package only changing the "sortEntityName" parameter to one of the 3 new options I added to the stored procedure (depending on if the XML package was to be used for a category, section, or manufacturer). As seen below:

C#/VB.NET Code:
     <query name="Products" rowElementName="Product">
            <
    sql>
                <![
    CDATA[

exec aspdnsf_GetProducts 

@categoryID = @CatID,
                        @
    sectionID = @SecID,
                        @
    manufacturerID = @ManID,
                        @
    distributorID = @DistID,
                        @
    genreID = @GenreID,
                        @
    vectorID = @VectorID,
                        @
    localeName = @locale,
                        @
    CustomerLevelID = @CustLevelID,
                        @
    affiliateID = @AffID,
                        @
    ProductTypeID = @ProdTypeID
                        @
    ViewType 1,
                        @
    pagenum = @pgnum,
                        @
    pagesize null,
                        @
    StatsFirst 0,
                        @
    publishedonly 1,
                        @
    ExcludePacks 0,
                        @
    ExcludeKits 0,
                        @
    ExcludeSysProds 0,
                        @
    InventoryFilter = @InvFilter,
                        @
    sortEntityName 'manufacturerprice'

]]>
            </
    sql
    3. Set the xml package of the category/section/ or manufacturer to the new one I made. Now that bucket is sorted by price ascending!

Some additional notes:

This is static, and cannot be changed by a dropdown (i'll probably add that sometime later if we see we need it).

It sorts only ascending by price (but you can probably figure out how to change that by looking at the SQL I wrote)

For variant prices I used the MIN or smallest price among the variants (again you can change this if needed in the SP)

For Kit prices I just use the base or "default" price.

This DOES NOT affect your current sort options in the stored procedure (they will still work), it just adds some more options for the sort type in the stored procedure

Good Luck with it!!

Jason Shehane
    (Self proclaimed SQL Wizard )
    Last edited by Jason.Shehane; 12-31-2007 at 11:35 AM.

MikeD is offline Junior Member

Default More enhancements on sorting

Well, here's my stab at enhancing your current sort enhancements. I think this adds ascending/descending to each sort and adds two more sorts for sorting with a category/manufacturer/section etc... (ie. on search page results) My only doubt is whether this will sort EVERYTHING in your DB by price and then pick out the results. Let me know what you guys think. (THIS CODE HAS NOT YET BEEN TESTED... as I don't have direct access to the SQL Server)

To use these sorts... simply set SortEntityName to one of the following non-standard sort-types:

categoryprice1 - Category-based ascending price sort
    categoryprice2 - Category-based descending price sort
    sectionprice1 - Section-based ascending price sort
    sectionprice2 - Section-based descending price sort
    mfgprice1 - Manufacturer-based ascending price sort
    mfgprice2 - Manufacturer-based descending price sort
    price1 - Unattached ascending price sort
    price2 - Unattached descending price sort

C#/VB.NET Code:
    USE [AspDotNetStorefront
    GO 
    /****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[aspdnsf_GetProducts]    Script Date: 12/31/2007 10:15:13 ******/ 
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON 
    GO 
    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON 
    GO 
    ALTER proc 
    [dbo].[aspdnsf_GetProducts
        @
    categoryID      int null
        @
    sectionID       int null
        @
    manufacturerID  int null
        @
    distributorID   int null
        @
    genreID         int null
        @
    vectorID        int null
        @
    localeID        int null
        @
    CustomerLevelID int null
        @
    affiliateID     int null
        @
    ProductTypeID   int null
        @
    ViewType        bit 1, -- all variantsone variant 

@sortEntity      int 0, -- categorysectionmanufacturerdistributor5genrevector 

@pagenum         int 1
        @
    pagesize        int null
        @
    StatsFirst      tinyint 1
        @
    searchstr       nvarchar(4000) = null
        @
    extSearch       tinyint 0
        @
    publishedonly   tinyint 0
        @
    ExcludePacks    tinyint 0
        @
    ExcludeKits     tinyint 0
        @
    ExcludeSysProds tinyint 0
        @
    InventoryFilter int 0,  --  will only show products with an inventory level GREATER OR EQUAL TO than the number specified in this parameterset to -1 to disable inventory filtering 

@sortEntityName  varchar(20) = '', -- usely only when the entity id is providedallowed valuescategorysectionmanufacturerdistributorgenrevector 

@localeName      varchar(20) = ''
        @
    OnSaleOnly      tinyint 
    AS 
    BEGIN 

SET NOCOUNT ON  

DECLARE @rcount int 

DECLARE @productfilter table (rownum int not null identity  primary keyproductid int not nulldisplayorder int not nullVariantID int not nullVariantDisplayOrder int not nullProductName nvarchar(400nullVariantName nvarchar(400null
        DECLARE @
    FilterProductsByAffiliate tinyint, @FilterProductsByCustomerLevel tinyint, @HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel int 

--Temp table I create to give me the row number of results I sort how I want

CREATE TABLE #RowNumber (displayorder int IDENTITY(1,1), productid int, categoryID int) 

CREATE TABLE #displayorder (productid int not null primary key, displayorder int not null) 

CREATE TABLE #inventoryfilter (productid int not null, variantid int not null, InvQty int not null) 

CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX tmp_inventoryfilter ON #inventoryfilter (productid, variantid) 

DECLARE @custlevelcount int, @sectioncount int, @localecount int, @affiliatecount int, @categorycount int, @CustomerLevelFilteringIsAscending bit, @distributorcount int, @genrecount int, @vectorcount int, @manufacturercount int 

SELECT 
    @FilterProductsByAffiliate = case ConfigValue when 'true' then 1 else 0 end FROM dbo.AppConfig WHERE [Name] = 'FilterProductsByAffiliate' 

SELECT @FilterProductsByCustomerLevel = case ConfigValue when 'true' then 1 else 0 end FROM dbo.AppConfig WHERE [Name] = 'FilterProductsByCustomerLevel' 

SELECT @HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel convert(intConfigValueFROM dbo.AppConfig WHERE [Name] = 'HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel' and isnumeric(ConfigValue) = 

IF @InventoryFilter <> -and (@HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel > @InventoryFilter or @HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel  = -1

SET @InventoryFilter  = @HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel 

SET 
    @categoryID      nullif(@categoryID0

SET @sectionID       nullif(@sectionID0

SET @manufacturerID  nullif(@manufacturerID0

SET @distributorID   nullif(@distributorID0

SET @genreID            nullif(@genreID0

SET @vectorID        nullif(@vectorID0

SET @affiliateID     nullif(@affiliateID0

SET @ProductTypeID   nullif(@ProductTypeID0

SET @CustomerLevelFilteringIsAscending  
        SELECT 
    @CustomerLevelFilteringIsAscending  = case configvalue when 'true' then 1 else 0 end 
        FROM dbo
    .AppConfig 
        WHERE name 
    'FilterByCustomerLevelIsAscending' 

IF @localeID is null and ltrim(rtrim(@localeName)) <> '' 

SELECT @localeID LocaleSettingID FROM LocaleSetting WHERE Name ltrim(rtrim(@localeName)) 

select @categorycount     si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('productcategory') and si.indid and type 'u' 

select @sectioncount      si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('productsection') and si.indid and type 'u' 

select @localecount       si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductLocaleSetting') and si.indid and type 'u' 

select @custlevelcount    si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductCustomerLevel') and si.indid and type 'u' 

select @affiliatecount    si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductAffiliate') and si.indid and type 'u' 

select @distributorcount  si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductDistributor') and si.indid and type 'u' 

select @genrecount        si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductGenre') and si.indid and type 'u' 

select @vectorcount       si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductVector') and si.indid and type 'u' 

select @manufacturercount si.rows from sysobjects so with (nolockjoin sysindexes si with (nolockon so.id si.id where so.id object_id('ProductManufacturer') and si.indid and type 'u' 

-- get page size 

IF @pagesize is null or @pagesize 0 BEGIN 

IF @categoryID is not null 
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Category WHERE categoryID = @categoryID 

ELSE IF @sectionID is not null 
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Section WHERE sectionID = @sectionID 

ELSE IF @manufacturerID is not null 
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Manufacturer WHERE manufacturerID = @manufacturerID 

ELSE IF @distributorID is not null 
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Distributor WHERE distributorID = @distributorID 

ELSE IF @genreID is not null 
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Genre WHERE genreID = @genreID 

ELSE IF @vectorID is not null 
                SELECT 
    @pagesize PageSize FROM dbo.Vector WHERE vectorID = @vectorID 

ELSE  

SELECT @pagesize convert(intConfigValueFROM dbo.AppConfig WHERE [Name] = 'Default_CategoryPageSize' 

END 

IF @pagesize is null or @pagesize 
            SET 
    @pagesize 20 

-- get sort order 

IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'category' BEGIN 
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductCategory where categoryID = @categoryID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'section' BEGIN 
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductSection where sectionId = @sectionID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'manufacturer' BEGIN 
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductManufacturer where ManufacturerID = @manufacturerID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'distributor' BEGIN 
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductDistributor where DistributorID = @distributorID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'genre' BEGIN 
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductGenre where GenreID = @genreID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'vector' BEGIN 
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from ProductVector where VectorID = @vectorID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'categoryprice1' BEGIN 

INSERT 

ON PC
    .productID PV.productID 
            WHERE PC
            GROUP BY PC
    .ProductIDPC.CategoryID 
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.Price

INSERT #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @categoryID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'categoryprice2' BEGIN 

INSERT 

ON PC
    .productID PV.productID 
            WHERE PC
            GROUP BY PC
    .ProductIDPC.CategoryID 
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.PriceDESC 

INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @categoryID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity or @sortEntityName 'sectionprice1' BEGIN 

INSERT 

ON PS
    .productID PV.productID 
            WHERE PS
    .SectionID = @sectionID 
            GROUP BY PS
    .ProductIDPS.SectionID 
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.Price

INSERT #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @sectionID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity 10 or @sortEntityName 'sectionprice2' BEGIN 

INSERT 

ON PS
    .productID PV.productID 
            WHERE PS
    .SectionID = @sectionID 
            GROUP BY PS
    .ProductIDPS.SectionID 
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.PriceDESC 

INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @sectionID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity 11 or @sortEntityName 'mfgprice1' BEGIN 

INSERT 

ON PM
    .productID PV.productID 
            WHERE PM
            GROUP BY PM
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.Price

INSERT #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @ManufacturerID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity 12 or @sortEntityName 'mfgprice2' BEGIN 

INSERT 

ON PM
    .productID PV.productID 
            WHERE PM
            GROUP BY PM
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.PriceDESC 

INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber where categoryID = @ManufacturerID 

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity 13 or @sortEntityName 'price1' BEGIN 

INSERT 

SELECT PV.Productid 
            FROM ProductVariant PV 
            GROUP BY PV
    .ProductID
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.Price)

INSERT #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber

END 

ELSE IF @sortEntity 14 or @sortEntityName 'price2' BEGIN 

INSERT 

SELECT PV.Productid 
            FROM ProductVariant PV 
            GROUP BY PV
    .ProductID
            ORDER BY MIN
    (PV.PriceDESC

INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber

END 

ELSE BEGIN 
            INSERT 
    #displayorder select productid, 1 from Product ORDER BY Name 

END 

SET 
    @searchstr '%' rtrim(ltrim(@searchstr)) + '%' 

IF @InventoryFilter <> -1 BEGIN 

IF @ViewType 1 BEGIN 
                INSERT 
    #inventoryfilter 

FROM product p with 

join ProductVariant pv with (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pv.ProductID  and pv.IsDefault 
                GROUP BY p
    .productidpv.VariantID 
                HAVING sum
            END 

ELSE 

INSERT #inventoryfilter 

FROM product p with 

join ProductVariant pv with (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pv.ProductID 
                GROUP BY p
    .productidpv.VariantID 
                HAVING sum

INSERT 
    @productfilter (productiddisplayorderVariantIDVariantDisplayOrderProductNameVariantName

FROM  
                product p with 
    (nolock

left join ProductVariant pv        with (NOLOCKON p.ProductID pv.ProductID and pv.IsDefault >= @ViewType 
                join 
    #inventoryfilter i on pv.VariantID = i.VariantID 

WHERE  

(pc.categoryid = @categoryID or @categoryID is null or @categorycount 0
              and (
    ps.sectionid = @sectionID or @sectionID is null or @sectioncount 0
              and (
    pl.LocaleSettingID = @localeID or @localeID is null or @localecount 0
              and (
    pa.AffiliateID = @affiliateID or pa.AffiliateID is null or @affiliatecount or @FilterProductsByAffiliate 0
              and (
    pm.manufacturerid = @manufacturerID or @manufacturerID is null or @manufacturercount 0
              and (
    pd.DistributorID = @distributorID or @distributorID is null or @distributorcount 0
              and (
    px.GenreID = @genreID or @genreID is null or @genrecount 0
              and (
    px2.VectorID = @vectorID or @vectorID is null or @vectorcount 0
              and 
    p.ProductTypeID coalesce(@ProductTypeIDp.ProductTypeID
              and (case  

when 
                    when pcl

else 
                   end  

and ( 
                     @
    searchstr is null 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.name'')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(convert(nvarchar(20),p.productid), '')) > 0  

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(pv.name'')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.sku '')+isnull(pv.skusuffix '')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.manufacturerpartnumber'')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(pv.manufacturerpartnumber'')) > 

or (patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.Description'')) > and @extSearch 1
                  or (
    patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.Summary'')) > and @extSearch 1
                  ) 
              and case 

and p.Deleted 

and pv.Deleted 

and getdate() between isnull(p.AvailableStartDate'1/1/1900') and isnull(p.AvailableStopDate'1/1/2999'

END  

ELSE BEGIN 
            INSERT 
    @productfilter (productiddisplayorderVariantIDVariantDisplayOrderProductNameVariantName

FROM  
                product p with 
    (nolock

join ProductVariant pv             with (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pv.ProductID and pv.IsDefault >= @ViewType 
            WHERE  

(pc.categoryid = @categoryID or @categoryID is null or @categorycount 0
              and (
    ps.sectionid = @sectionID or @sectionID is null or @sectioncount 0
              and (
    pl.LocaleSettingID = @localeID or @localeID is null or @localecount 0
              and (
    pa.AffiliateID = @affiliateID or pa.AffiliateID is null or @affiliatecount or @FilterProductsByAffiliate 0
              and (
    pm.manufacturerid = @manufacturerID or @manufacturerID is null or @manufacturercount 0
              and (
    pd.DistributorID = @distributorID or @distributorID is null or @distributorcount 0
              and (
    px.GenreID = @genreID or @genreID is null or @genrecount 0
              and (
    px2.VectorID = @vectorID or @vectorID is null or @vectorcount 0
              and 
    p.ProductTypeID coalesce(@ProductTypeIDp.ProductTypeID
              and (case  

when 
                    when pcl

else 
                   end  

and ( 
                     @
    searchstr is null 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.name'')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(convert(nvarchar(20),p.productid), '')) > 0  

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(pv.name'')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.sku '')+isnull(pv.skusuffix '')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.manufacturerpartnumber'')) > 

or patindex(@searchstrisnull(pv.manufacturerpartnumber'')) > 

or (patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.Description'')) > and @extSearch 1
                  or (
    patindex(@searchstrisnull(p.Summary'')) > and @extSearch 1
                  ) 
              and case 

and p.Deleted 

and pv.Deleted 

and getdate() between isnull(p.AvailableStartDate'1/1/1900') and isnull(p.AvailableStopDate'1/1/2999'

END 

SET 
    @rcount = @@rowcount 

IF @StatsFirst 
            SELECT cast

SELECT  
            p
    .ProductID

p.Name

pv.VariantID

pv.Name AS VariantName

p.ProductGUID

p.Summary

p.Description

p.SEKeywords

p.SEDescription

p.SpecTitle

p.MiscText

p.SwatchImageMap

p.IsFeaturedTeaser

p.FroogleDescription

p.SETitle

p.SENoScript

p.SEAltText

p.SizeOptionPrompt

p.ColorOptionPrompt

p.TextOptionPrompt

p.ProductTypeID

p.TaxClassID

p.SKU

p.ManufacturerPartNumber

p.SalesPromptID

p.SpecCall

p.SpecsInline

p.IsFeatured

p.XmlPackage

p.ColWidth

p.Published

p.RequiresRegistration

p.Looks

p.Notes

p.QuantityDiscountID

p.RelatedProducts

p.UpsellProducts

p.UpsellProductDiscountPercentage

p.RelatedDocuments

p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor

p.TrackInventoryBySize

p.TrackInventoryByColor

p.IsAKit

p.ShowInProductBrowser

p.IsAPack

p.PackSize

p.ShowBuyButton

p.RequiresProducts

p.HidePriceUntilCart

p.IsCalltoOrder

p.ExcludeFromPriceFeeds

p.RequiresTextOption

p.TextOptionMaxLength

p.SEName

p.Deleted

p.CreatedOn

p.ImageFileNameOverride

pv.VariantGUID

pv.Description AS VariantDescription

pv.SEKeywords AS VariantSEKeywords

pv.SEDescription AS VariantSEDescription

pv.Colors

pv.ColorSKUModifiers

pv.Sizes

pv.SizeSKUModifiers

pv.FroogleDescription AS VariantFroogleDescription

pv.SKUSuffix

pv.ManufacturerPartNumber AS VariantManufacturerPartNumber

pv.Price

pv.CustomerEntersPrice,  

pv.CustomerEntersPricePrompt

isnull(pv.SalePrice0SalePrice

cast(isnull(pv.Weight,0) as decimal(10,1)) Weight

pv.MSRP

pv.Cost

isnull(pv.Points,0Points

pv.Dimensions
            case 
    p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor when 1 then isnull(i.quan0) else pv.inventory end Inventory

pv.DisplayOrder as VariantDisplayOrder

pv.Notes AS VariantNotes

pv.IsTaxable

pv.IsShipSeparately

pv.IsDownload

pv.DownloadLocation

pv.Published AS VariantPublished

pv.IsSecureAttachment

pv.IsRecurring

pv.RecurringInterval

pv.RecurringIntervalType

pv.SubscriptionInterval

pv.SEName AS VariantSEName

pv.RestrictedQuantities

pv.MinimumQuantity

pv.Deleted AS VariantDeleted

pv.CreatedOn AS VariantCreatedOn

d.Name AS DistributorName

d.DistributorID

d.SEName AS DistributorSEName

m.ManufacturerID

m.Name AS ManufacturerName

m.SEName AS ManufacturerSEName

s.Name AS SalesPromptName
            case 
    when pcl.productid is null then 0 else isnull(ep.Price0end ExtendedPrice 
        FROM Product p with 
    (NOLOCK)  

left join ProductVariant       pv  with (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pv.ProductID and pv.IsDefault >= @ViewType 
            join 
    @productfilter            pf                on pv.ProductID pf.ProductID and pv.VariantID pf.VariantID  
            left join SalesPrompt           s  with 
    (NOLOCKon p.SalesPromptID s.SalesPromptID  
            left join ProductManufacturer  pm  with 
    (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pm.ProductID  
            left join Manufacturer          m  with 
    (NOLOCKon pm.ManufacturerID m.ManufacturerID  
            left join ProductDistributor   pd  with 
    (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pd.ProductID 
            left join Distributor           d  with 
    (NOLOCKon pd.DistributorID d.DistributorID 
            left join ExtendedPrice        ep  with 
    (NOLOCKon ep.VariantID pv.VariantID and ep.CustomerLevelID = @CustomerLevelID 
    (NOLOCKon p.ProductID pcl.ProductID and pcl.CustomerLevelID = @CustomerLevelID 
            left join 
    (select VariantIDsum(quanquan from Inventory with (nolockgroup by VariantIDi  on pv.VariantID i.VariantID 
        WHERE pf
    .rownum >= @pagesize*(@pagenum-1)+and pf.rownum <= @pagesize*(@pagenum

ORDER BY pf.rownum 

IF @StatsFirst <> 
            SELECT cast

END 

Thanks for the work fellas! Unfortunately that does nothing that we couldn't already do manually through the admin panel

If you could figure out how to stick a drop down box on that so the customers viewing the store could change it, it would be superb

Default DropDown Sort

I would just write some javascript to change a param request mapped to the @SortEntity sql parameter. I'll post some code when it is completed.

supergriff is offline Senior Member

Could you modify this SQL to FILTER results, by category / section? So you could apply a sort and a filter at the same time?

I basically want to is so when looking at category product results, can filter by section and sort by the options you have already shown...

Default Funny you ask

Funny you should ask...

I'm about to post methods for sort and filtering.

I've completely redone the XML packages and aspdnsf_GetProducts to add a bunch of features. GetProducts now returns all matching products, a list of manufacturers & categories those products are in and the number of products in each cat/mfg (for cat/mfg filtering), and a set of up to 10 automatically generated price ranges for price level filtering. Moreover, the search function has been redesigned to take each "word" as a keyword and searches as if you had FULL TEXT indexing enabled without having to do anything funky to your database. In the next few weeks I should have the entire bundle posted.

A few words of caution. These will be EXTREMELY advanced bundles that WILL NOT be complete in the sense of every package being rewritten. Any packages that are not included in the to-be posted zip file will NOT FUNCTION with the new GetProducts routine (at least they have not been tested). Moreover, the whole skin system has been revamped in my packages, as category and manufacturer lists are now DIRECTLY RELATED to the product results, only displaying manufacturers and categories that are relevant to the current search/browse. You might break your system trying these solutions, as they are much more difficult than the previously posted GetProducts/searchadv.aspx updates. These are complete replacements for parts of ASPDNSF. Anyway... just thought I'd warn everybody before everyone gets too excited.

Check out www.wholesalemusic.com to see how some of these enhancements work (price ranges aren't up yet, but should be finished soon).

Browse by Manufacturer... then FILTER BY CATEGORY!!!
    Browse by Category... then FILTER BY MANUFACTURER!!!

Yay!! Simple features that really do wonders for the intellibility of the UI.

Let me know if you guys find any bugs... I've already found one that caused an infinite loop on my SQL Server (it eventually timed out... but its fixed now)

tytyguy is offline Senior Member

Did you ever figure this out? Id love to know how to do it. ....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Funny you should ask...

I've completely redone the XML packages and aspdnsf_GetProducts to add a bunch of features. GetProducts now returns all matching products, a list of manufacturers & categories those products are in and the number of products in each cat/mfg (for cat/mfg filtering), and a set of up to 10 automatically generated price ranges for price level filtering. Moreover, the search function has been redesigned to take each "word" as a keyword and searches as if you had FULL TEXT indexing enabled without having to do anything funky to your database. In the next few weeks I should have the entire bundle posted.

A few words of caution. These will be EXTREMELY advanced bundles that WILL NOT be complete in the sense of every package being rewritten. Any packages that are not included in the to-be posted zip file will NOT FUNCTION with the new GetProducts routine (at least they have not been tested). Moreover, the whole skin system has been revamped in my packages, as category and manufacturer lists are now DIRECTLY RELATED to the product results, only displaying manufacturers and categories that are relevant to the current search/browse. You might break your system trying these solutions, as they are much more difficult than the previously posted GetProducts/searchadv.aspx updates. These are complete replacements for parts of ASPDNSF. Anyway... just thought I'd warn everybody before everyone gets too excited.

Check out www.wholesalemusic.com to see how some of these enhancements work (price ranges aren't up yet, but should be finished soon).

Browse by Manufacturer... then FILTER BY CATEGORY!!!
    Browse by Category... then FILTER BY MANUFACTURER!!!

Yay!! Simple features that really do wonders for the intellibility of the UI.

Let me know if you guys find any bugs... I've already found one that caused an infinite loop on my SQL Server (it eventually timed out... but its fixed now)

how would you sort by rating?

Code:
    ELSE IF @sortEntityName = 5 BEGIN --Sort By Rating

INSERT #RowNumber (productID) 
            SELECT Rating 
            FROM Rating RT 
            GROUP BY RT.ProductID
            ORDER BY Rating

INSERT #displayorder select productid, displayorder from #RowNumber
    END

bajjame is offline Member

Please forgive my ignorance, but where is aspdnsf_GetProducts located??

Also, MikeD, I looked at your site and it looks like a great feature to add. Would you mind posting your solution?

Last edited by bajjame; 05-05-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Additional question

its in the storeprocedures in your database.

dybcio is offline Junior Member

Smile Product Sorting on demand by customer

Hi,

Since MikeD did not post any part of his xmlpackage, the most difficult part in on demand sorting seems to be addition thess: either javascript code or some other mechanism to change stored procedure call parameter on "the fly".

Does anyone have any experience with documented feature of sql <query> node named <querystringreplace> ?

I tried this simple example but is doesn't work (PRO 7.0.2.5):

<sql>
    <![CDATA[
    exec aspdnsf_GetProducts
    @categoryID = @CatID,
    @InventoryFilter = @InvFilter,
    @sortEntityName = mystring
    ]]>
    </sql>

<querystringreplace replaceTag="mystring" replaceType="appconfig" replaceparamname="aspdnsf:AppConfig(test)" defvalue="@entityname" validationpattern="" />

As an example I used here appconfig but it can be an xpath expression that you can change on the fly. I'm assuming only queryafter in such case.

Has anyone was sucessfull with that or other approach to this problem?

jfitz81 is offline Junior Member

@tytyguy

I have been trying to implement your "sort by rating" code in my stored procedure, but to no avail. I have, for some time, had a customized sproc for sorting by price and alpha (both category and manufacturer) but cannot, for some reason, get this sort by rating to work.

When I finally get the Run SQL page to accept the sproc, and then I try to run the filter I get either an error that redirects me to the store's homepage, or a message that says there are no products.

Any help, from anyone, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jfitz81; 05-27-2009 at 01:47 PM.

IrvineCAGuy is offline Member

Default Sort Products by AvailableStart Date

My client wants the products sorted by AvailableStartDate (not by Name).

I am not an SQL guru so changing the Store proceedures is a bit of trail and error and mostly quessing.

Has anyone made that change, or have a suggestion?

Thanks

I liked to know if anyone has any updates on how to sort

qinfu is offline Junior Member

Default about the sorting

Can I rename the stored procedure, getproducts to other name and leave the original untouched? what is difference sort by category price and section price? How do I sort price, category name and brand name in ASPDOTNETStorefront 9?
    thanks.

satvik_123 is offline Junior Member

Default search by price, type and category

Hi All,

i want to search products according to price,type,categoy.........

i want to display types,prices and categories in left panel. after clicking on that search function will be executed.

i want functionality some how like http://www.ladastyle.com/

any help from your side is appreciated..

Thanks,

Satvik

DDAdmin is offline Junior Member

hello,
    what would i need to change if all i need is for the product to be listed according to its price. right now its being displayed according to its name A to Z.

gmaniac is offline Member

Default also interested

I am looking to do the same type of sorting (ie-sort by price, by product name, by product manufacturer, and also add how many can be viewed per page), if anyone has any ideas of where to start that would be awesome! When I figure it out I will post my solution, I probably won't get to this task for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for any help in advance, happy coding!