Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Color / Size sku modifiers

jimiz is offline Junior Member

Default Color / Size sku modifiers

I am using the color and size sku modifier
    is there a way to change the order

Example

have SKU 1234 be

SKU 1234-Blue-XL

or

SKU 123-XL-Blue

ASPDNSF Staff - Andrew Guest

I kind of understand what you're asking so I hope this helps...

In addtocart.aspx.cs it calls the ShoppingCart.cs AddItem method.

ShoppingCart.cs

sku = AppLogic.MakeProperProductSKU(DB.RSField(rs, "SKU"), DB.RSField(rs, "SKUSuffix"), ChosenColorSKUModifier, ChosenSizeSKUModifier);

You could rewrite the way it's added to the cart....

actually it'll be easier in the applogic.makeproperproductSKU method..

public static String MakeProperProductSKU(String pSKU, String vSKU, String colorMod, String sizeMod)
    {
    return pSKU + vSKU + colorMod + sizeMod;
    }

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Change the Color Option Prompt to 'Size' and
    change the Size Option Prompt to 'Color'.
    Jon Wolthuis

Default color / sku

Everyone thanks for the quick response and great suggestions.

I ended up changing the applogic setting. I always forget to look there. I had searched the code and stored procedures and skipped over that.

jim

Default source

ah
    worked great in an older ML version that I have for one client but did not work for a newer client on.
    They purchased in the end of NOV and did not fax over the sheet to get the source. How can I go forward with that now.

jim

In the product you can put ‘Size’ for the Color Option Prompt and ‘Color’ for the Size Option Prompt. Then in the variant just enter your color information and color sku modifiers into the ‘Sizes’ and ‘Size SKU Modifiers:’ section and put your size information into the ‘Colors:’ and ‘Color SKU Modifiers:’ section. This will switch the two in the SKU and it will look normal in the front end.

Osman is offline Junior Member

I have a similar problem:

i want to display different colors and sizes as variants. But I can't use sku modifiers.

Because all the products have their own sku already assigned. I mean from the sku there's no way to understand the color or size of that item.

I attached a sample of products table.

How can I use variants to display select boxes for colors and sizes and have correct SKUs?

Any help very much appreciated. Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

The Color and Size SKU Modifiers are always appended to the SKU+SKUSuffix, and they are always the same for each modifier. In your case, there's no Modifier that would work, since your SKU doesn't follow a pattern.

One solution would be to ignore Color and Size Modifiers altogether, and create a variant for each color and size option. In your example table, you'd have 16 variants for one product.

You could have the Product SKU = 40010038, and the Variant SKUModifers = 8839, 8846, etc. The Variant Name would indicate the Size and Color.
    Jon Wolthuis

Jackie.Lento is offline Junior Member

Default ML8 MakeProperProductSKU

Hello, I am unable to locate this method call in the Shoppingcart.cs source.

We did not purchase the software with source so we do not have access to the Applogic. However, we cannot just simply change the color and size prompt because when accessing the Multi-Image manager, you cannot specify the different color images for the different colors. It will display the sizes.

Any advice?

Thank you,
    Jackie