Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Secondary Contact Form On Site

heykate is offline Member

Exclamation Secondary Contact Form On Site

Hey Everyone,

We all know that the cart comes with a contact form. Which is for standard use, "hey contact us", but I am needing or more or less wanting to make a secondary form (which im sure everyone could be utilizing on their site).

So what I did was copy the following files:

/contact.aspx
    /contact.aspx.cs

/controls/ContactUs.ascx
    /controls/ContactUs.ascx.cs

I also created a new topic called Contact2 in the backend. So I thought in theory if I save all those pages as contact2.aspx, contact2.aspx.cs, contactus2.ascx, contactus2.ascx.cs, and replace Contact within the pages as contact2. In theory it should pull the contact2 topic page with another form on it.

However that is not the case at all, I can get it to pull the original contact form in in the aspx page I do not call contact2 and leave it as contact, it will pull the entire contact topic page including its form. When I add the Contact2 to it on that page, it throws an error and in the log in the backend it says:

Page URL:/t-contact2.aspx
    Source:System.Web
    Message:d:\HostingSpaces\ContourLiving\contourlivi ng.com\wwwroot\ContactUs2.aspx.cs(26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Contact' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Stack Trace:
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile (VirtualPath virtualPath)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildR esultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildR esultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPath ObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstance FromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
    at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper( HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
    at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpH andlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
    at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm)

Any insight would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance for your brain power,

heykate

heykate is offline Member

Arrow

NVM I got it to work...its always something so simple...