Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Client or 3rd Party UPS Account Option (B2B)

Vapor is offline Junior Member

Default Client or 3rd Party UPS Account Option (B2B)

Hello,
    Our store is business to business model and we do allow certain customers to provide their own UPS account number to use when shipping. Currently we are set up using UPS Realtime rates or In-Store pickup.

I went to add a new shipping method and named it "Receiver or Third Party UPS Account (Must be on File)" as an option. That way the customer can select that as an option and we would enter their account info on our end for shipping.

However this added option is not showing up on checkout. Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way of going about this?

Thanks

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Did you make sure Set Allowed States/Set Allowed Countries/Set Allowed Zones is configured properly? Is it possible the account you use for testing has a default shipping address outside the allowed ranges?
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

Thanks for the reply!

I did "Allow All" for States and Countries but not for Zones. When I click on that it gives me "No Shipping Zones are defined"

I see under Configuration > Shipping > Shipping Zones and under that I can add New Shipping Zone but I have no idea what I am doing when I get into this.

Quote Originally Posted by donttryathome View Post
    Did you make sure Set Allowed States/Set Allowed Countries/Set Allowed Zones is configured properly? Is it possible the account you use for testing has a default shipping address outside the allowed ranges?

GoVedia is offline Member

Default New shipping method

You can not add custom shipping methods when using real time shipping. In-Store pickup is an exception.

I have done the same setup you are after for a client, but it required custom development.
    Robert Kanaan
    AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner
    robert@GoVedia.com
    408-758-8845

GoVedia
    http://GoVedia.com
    Approved AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner
    AspDotNetStorefront Recommended Reseller

Ugh, seems like it would be a basic feature. I'm running 9.2. Any chance this is a feature added in 9.3?

Quote Originally Posted by GoVedia View Post
    You can not add custom shipping methods when using real time shipping. In-Store pickup is an exception.

I have done the same setup you are after for a client, but it required custom development.

Default Mixed Shipping Modes

Unfortunately not. You can not offer both real time rates and custom rates.

If you have source code, the needed modifications are fairly simple to make. We ended up adding a field where a customer would enter their account number. This value would be saved with their customer record, so that returning customers did not have to re-enter every time.
    Last edited by GoVedia; 11-14-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Robert Kanaan
    robert@GoVedia.com
    408-758-8845

GoVedia

Thanks for your help. One final thought. For the poor man's workaround, let's say I don't actually need In Store pickup nor do I need to capture their UPS account info on the spot as I already have it. Is it possible to just edit the text that says "In-Store Pickup $0.00" to say "Receiver Account On File" or something along these lines?

Quote Originally Posted by GoVedia View Post
    Unfortunately not. You can not offer both real time rates and custom rates.

If you have source code, the needed modifications are fairly simple to make. We ended up adding a field where a customer would enter their account number. This value would be saved with their customer record, so that returning customers did not have to re-enter every time.

Default In-Store Pikcup

String resource manager >
    RTShipping.LocalPickupMethodName
    Robert Kanaan
    robert@GoVedia.com
    408-758-8845

GoVedia