Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How To Search Topics or Sections

gmcvier is offline Junior Member

Question How To Search Topics or Sections

Does anyone know of a way to make the default search tool search not just products and categories, but also sections & topics.

Example:
    If I create a topic or section for a promo code, or even a featured manufacturer called "Custom Section". Can I make the search find this? When I use the search and type in "Custom Section" it will return no results found even though I have a section or topic labeled that.

Any help you guys can give me would be great!

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

EDIT: Derp, just noticed that your question was posted in the MS forum. Not sure if these same appconfigs exist in your version. Sorry about that!

I don't know about topics but you may be interested in these appconfigs:

Search_ShowCategoriesInResults - if true, then a category matches will be shown in the advanced search results

Search_ShowDistributorsInResults - if true, then a distributor matches will be shown in the advanced search results

Search_ShowGenresInResults - if true, then a Genre matches will be shown in the advanced search results

Search_ShowManufacturersInResults - if true, then a manufacturer matches will be shown in the advanced search results

Search_ShowProductsInResults - if true, then a category matches will be shown in the advanced search results

Search_ShowSectionsInResults - if true, then a section matches will be shown in the advanced search results

Search_ShowVectorsInResults - if true, then a Vector matches will be shown in the advanced search results

Do an appconfig search for "search" for all other options. Sadly I do not see anything pertaining to topic.
    Last edited by donttryathome; 11-08-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

gmcvier is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Perfect just what I was looking for. For some reason I could not find this yesterday even though it was under search.

Thank goodness its Friday.