Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Extra fields on dotfeed

vedran is offline Member

Default Extra fields on dotfeed

Hello everyone,

We bought all the feeds from StoreFront, but they are not yet active. Not until we transfer domain name, so I cant find the answer on my own. I have asked technical support about this issue, but it will take several days for them to answer, so I thought someone here might know the answer or have done the same thing from before.

Question is rather simple:
    If I add custom field to my product table... will that custom field be shown on Feed setting page? For example I add Taste field in products table... will it be shown on feed settings?

If yes, what kind of modding I need to do?

Thanks

vedran is offline Member

To answer myself.

Even though you can add extra fields in the table, feeds will only see Extension data 1-5.

Unfortunately...

ichi is offline Junior Member

what this 1-5 u speak of...
    I'm just getting started with DotFeed and I'm stumped..
    i had already created my own SQL and C# to generate XML
    .. now i see no way to get DotFeed to allow me custom data points from the source and no way to map them to Rule Results (opposed to Prices).
    any info is greatly appreciated..

GoVedia is offline Member

Default Source Fields

@ichi,

vedran is mentioning that the ExtensionData fields (1 through 5) can be used for custom data sources. Custom columns added to the database will not be a selectable source option.

Sincerely,
    Robert
    Robert Kanaan
    AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner
    robert@GoVedia.com
    408-758-8845

GoVedia
    http://GoVedia.com
    Approved AspDotNetStorefront Development Partner
    AspDotNetStorefront Recommended Reseller