Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: require customer login to view store

trayhumphrey is offline Junior Member

Default require customer login to view store

I found the manual page, Force Customers to Login Before Viewing the Site. I did all that, and it leaves a bit to be desired. The resulting signin.aspx page that I'm redirected to has no CSS, no master page access, just the basic text.

I could allow access to the skin's master page in the web.config, but then the user has browse links. Is there just a stand-alone sign-in page I can use, or do I have to create my own?

Thanks,
    Ray

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

I have that set on my site, and I'm not seeing any of what you're describing. What version are you on?
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

Hi and thanks for your response. You sent me back to check on things and the problem has cleared up. Maybe my CSS file wasn't refreshed. Or maybe I added the <location> exceptions in the web.config and never tested properly. I did have to make exceptions for the App_Templates/{skin} and the App_Themes/{skin} folders.

Anyway, <stupidProgrammerError>

Thanks,
    Ray

Default restricting login: my solution

I had an email request for how I solved this, so I decided to post here for the general community as well.

I made all the changes in web.config. I disabled anonymous access to the site:
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

Then I added exceptions for App_Templates/Skin_, AppThemes_Skin1, images, signing.aspx, lostpassword.aspx, and admin/signin.aspx:
    <location path="App_Templates/Skin_1">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

That's been working pretty well for me. If anonymous is disabled for the whole site, .NET will automatically redirect to the login page specified:
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="ASPDNSFGUID" loginUrl="SignIn.aspx" />
    </authentication>

Cheers,
    Ray