Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Something Unclear about dotfeeds

vedran is offline Member

Default Something Unclear about dotfeeds

Hello everyone,

I have talked to support, and they are slow to respond. I am in rush for information.

We are getting ready to migrate close to 500k products for our client. Before they made their feeds manually. They are looking forward to automation that StoreFront provides.

Looking into the feeds requirement for different feeds, there is pattern for every one of them.
    That pattern is:
    Required
    Recommended
    Option.

Our client plans to use all of the feeds that StoreFront sells, however I am unclear regarding fields.

Almost all of the feeds requires UPC field. My client old database has that field, but StoreFront does not have that field. We use WSI and ExtensionData2 field to store UPC number. There are also another fields under recommended that are not included in the StoreFront.

It comes down to three questions:
    1. I assume I will end up using extension fields to store data, but how do I make StoreFront dotfeed use my extension fields?

2. I am totally lost with the fields. Some of the feeds require different fields, and I have only 4 extensionfields to use. Are there some rules to use four remaining extension fields for all of the feeds? In another words shopzilla feed requirement has a field called MATERIAL. My customer has that information in has database, and I will use one of the extension fields for the material. Another feed does not have material, but has something entirely else, and again my client has that information in his database.

Is there a silver bullet for those fields?

3. This is probably my ignorance, but how does StoreFront feeds work without UPC number, when it is REQUIRED for most of the feeds?!?!?

Sorry for this lengthy post.

shaser is offline Junior Member

This is a great question and I'm sure others using DotFeed have the same one! It's not documented anywhere that I've found and a lot of users are like you and don't want to wait days for an answer from support tickets.

Here is how you would map your UPC ...

If All of the following are true:
    ProductExtensionData Matchs ?*
    Then Set GTIN = {original}

Let me know if you have any other questions.