Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Multiple Contact Forms

heykate is offline Member

Lightbulb Multiple Contact Forms

Is there a way to have multiple contact forms? Like a normal contact form, and maybe department specific contact forms.

I assume there is a way, but am wondering if there is an easy implementation.

Thanks in advance.

Ydeveloper is offline Junior Member

Are you taking about Multiple contact for for multiple ecommerce store to gather the data at the end? We built a solution to combat this, which you can find on our customized ecommerce platform, named e-Smart Ecommerce Suite, produced and marketed by Ydeveloper.

Actually I was talking about, like you have the contact page with one form, what if we wanted like a feedback form seperate from that form...or strictly a wholesale inquiries form...

Kate

khooker is offline Junior Member

Default Did you ever get an answer?

Did you ever find an answer? This would be a trivial situation in any real server side system. ASPDNSF is a terrible f---king product with little or no documentation. At every turn users are pushed to buy consulting time or third party products to fix holes in the system that just shouldn't exist.

Cool Multi Contact Forms - AGREED!

Hey,

Yes I did figure this out, like and in worst case scenario, I think you should be able to use like normal programming code to get this to work, you used to be able to do it in older versions, I used the same form for years while working at a firm that built on Storefront for their ecomm clients, and just recently (which im assuming due to newer versions) am not able to use that SAME form.

But yes I did get a second working form on the site. The only thing is, I cant call it like in a cool modal or pop up..maybe if their pop ups weren't so 1980's this would solve that problem.

I kinda agree, it seems like basic stuff that the cart should already do, it doesn't. But get some stubborn developers who would rather sit and have a stare down with their screens, then pay for "extra support", and they would be able to re write a better version of the storefront that actually works...As I explore further into this new 9.3.1 multi stores I cant wait to find out what stupid thing I get held up on.

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

Default Above the line

Y'know guys, I could easily just delete your accusatory, negative, critical posts. Whoosh, they'd be gone. But today is the Eve of Thanksgiving and I think, instead, I will take this opportunity to air some thoughts.

Here at Vortx and AspDotNetStorefront, we have the most incredible band of people. We have developers, and designers, and support technicians and project managers and all the infrastructure that goes to hold that together. Above all, we have caring, intelligent people. I love, and defend and honor the people who work for and around the AspDotNetStorefront product.

Our product is ENORMOUSLY fully featured and it is a ball of code that was begun in 2004 by the rather remarkable Rob Anderson and came under our care in 2010. Since that time we have refactored parts, added more features, rebuilt much and generally made the snowball even bigger. Many, many things got fixed and a few things got missed. Above all, we have extended the cart into the modern world by adding mobile shopping, full text search, multiple product broadcasts and now, this week with Discovery Channels, realtime social testing.

I'm sorry, but if you're not agog with what we're doing, then you're simply not paying attention. If you really want to just complain about the product, then please, have your say - because while you're doing so, the positive, enterprising people are taking advantage of the amazing opportunity we're creating for you to succeed at selling online. I'm betting that the people who are still spending time cussing at the core code haven't even looked at Discovery Channels and wondered what it might mean for them. The people i honor are the people who are asking "is there an SDK? an API? how can we help the world to sell well online?"

I'd like to take a moment to thank Jan at www.compunix.us and Olga at www.e-xanthos.co.uk and Lori at www.brillianceweb.com and Sally at www.ActiveLightning.com and the team at www.beacontec.com - all of whom have stepped up to say something like "wow - look how the cart is evolving to keep pace with the changes being forced upon ecommerce".

I'd like to thank Dana Greaves, who heads up our company with vision and grace. I'd like to thank our staff and our community and above all our end users. Let's all give thanks for the world wide web, and technology, and good people (and chocolate).
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

Skriver is offline Senior Member

And coffee. Thanks to all those who make coffee.

We use the standard Contact form on 4 sites and each one goes to a different address. My simple advice is if you want a more bespoke and visually appealing contact from then use a third party that simply enables a java script onto a page. Plenty out there, very affordable and can suit all needs.

For us our slightly modified contact form (Thanks to WebOpius) means our customers contact us and we reply to them. Simple and easy with no hassle.

As you see, I said I kinda agree, I started working with Storefront back in 07, and have been MIA, and yet is a pretty agile solution but I will not rescind my comment on how I feel about the cart not performing standard functions. You cant simply implicate simple solutions that other systems have unless you have a some sort of background in the field.

The cart has grown extensively, and I think when you do have those developers eager to learn their way around is when you have developers grow. No developer would be in development if it wasn't for the problems they face and try to resolve without having to outsource someone elses' brain. I nay ream out my computer screen daily, but there is no better feeling once you conquer an internet demon.

But as they always say, no feedback is bad feedback. I guess not everyone sees it that way though.

Skriver is offline Senior Member

We also use this lot too for another ASPDSNF site

http://www.123contactform.com/

Very easy setup and very affordable

Lightbulb

Skiver,

I already solved this issue and found a way to get a second contact form using what it has already given us..No need for outsourced projects.

Thanks though,
    Kate

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jo@vortx.com View Post
    Y'know guys, I could easily just delete your accusatory, negative, critical posts. Whoosh, they'd be gone.
    Hi Jo,

While I completely understand your position here I urge you to avoid deleting threads that contain negativity and complaints. Before you guys acquired the storefront, this forum was nearly worthless when it came to solving problems. Virtually any post that mentioned a problem, a short-coming, a bug, or a "why didn't you do it this way?" question was promptly deleted without explanation. End of discussion. It was horrible.

I agree that the storefront is complex, robust, and difficult to manage -- It's not an easy job. I just hope you'll try to keep in mind that people are paying for your product and it's money out of their pockets. So when they run into a problem their first concern isn't whether they're being rude to the developers. Their first concern is the money they spent for something that doesn't do what they expected it to do.

For instance, we recently ran into a bug that makes accepting international orders impossible, and because of a custom development we had done, fixing the bug in the storefront means having to pay again to have the customization re-done using a fixed version of the storefront. You can possibly imagine how frustrating this is for us. Our first thought, upon discovery of the problem, was not "that's OK the devs work really hard!" it was "OK, we paid for something that doesn't work and now we get to pay again to make it work."

TLDR; I understand your aversion to negativity but keep in mind that just because it's negative doesn't mean it isn't a real concern, especially for paying customers.
    Last edited by donttryathome; 11-27-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2