Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: adding custom additional fields in createaccount.aspx

Vapor is offline Junior Member

Default adding custom additional fields in createaccount.aspx

Hello I'm new to editing .aspx files and was hoping someone could give me a few pointers. I'm trying to add 3 additional fields when a customer creates an account. They would not be required but I would like the info visible when I view a client on the backend. I would like these fields to come after the phone number so that if a customer was a member of a particular organization they could enter their member ID.

I'm looking at createaccount.aspx and seeing the line regarding phone info that reads
    PhoneCaption="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, createaccount.aspx.23 %>

What I'm not sure of is the function of the red numbers (in this case 23) and what else I may need to edit.

anish is offline Junior Member

Default String Resource Aspdnsf

Hey Vapor,

That function will simply return a string that was entered in the admin side. You can get the details by logging into the admin side and move over content and select String resource manager. Here you can add new strings or search for existing ones by searching createaccount.aspx.23

rsen is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    Hello I'm new to editing .aspx files and was hoping someone could give me a few pointers. I'm trying to add 3 additional fields when a customer creates an account. They would not be required but I would like the info visible when I view a client on the backend. I would like these fields to come after the phone number so that if a customer was a member of a particular organization they could enter their member ID.

I'm looking at createaccount.aspx and seeing the line regarding phone info that reads
    PhoneCaption="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, createaccount.aspx.23 %>

What I'm not sure of is the function of the red numbers (in this case 23) and what else I may need to edit.
    Disclaimer: I am a relative newcomer to ASPDNSF, this is the way <i>I</i> solved my additional fields problem. Your set of circumstances may vary....

Also Gurus like Adam may give you a better solution than mine .....

If I understand correctly, the PhoneCaption will be *inside* a larger section of createaccount.aspx with the tag "<aspdnsf:Account ID="ctrlAccount""

This indicates that you would need to modify the CONTROL called "Account" which resides in Account.cs (more info below)

Hence You WILL need to look into
    1. Extensiondata for storing the additional fields in the Account AND
    2. Account.cs for the additional fields (will require source code, in AspDotNetStorefrontControls project)

if you are looking into additional fields, this is the simplest <b>Programmatical</b> way of achieving it.

When you use Extensiondata, be sure to include it in a CDATA section if you dont want the infinite HTMLEncode that appears to be used in the Admin Portal.
    Last edited by rsen; 10-26-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: additional information#2

Vapor is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks for the help

Thanks to both of you for the help. It gave me a better understanding to what is going on.